Let's talk tea (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*clink* Cheers kadesma! Thanks for joining us and I am glad you like the White Christmas too. Here's to your memories of your Mom.
Thanks Alix my memories are held close to my heart and warm me through and through.
cj

A dear friend of mine is in the process of watching her Dad pass away. She comforted me after the loss of my Dad by sending me the biggest box of tea ever. Every time I sat down with a cup of tea, I would think of Dad and of her. I plan to do the same for her. She isn't at home now, but when she gets there, I'll send her the biggest box of tea I can find and tell her how much it comforted me at my lowest times.

Tea is such a comfort. I can't decide if its because it is warm or if its something else.

A dear friend of mine is in the process of watching her Dad pass away. She comforted me after the loss of my Dad by sending me the biggest box of tea ever. Every time I sat down with a cup of tea, I would think of Dad and of her. I plan to do the same for her. She isn't at home now, but when she gets there, I'll send her the biggest box of tea I can find and tell her how much it comforted me at my lowest times.

Tea is such a comfort. I can't decide if its because it is warm or if its something else.

It's what you mentioned Alix but also because you know just how very much she cares for you.
cj

I got my shipment of tea today! I want to like the White Christmas like so many others, but it just isn't my "cup of tea" if you know what I mean. I just got a few bags of that kind in a Christmas sampler, and also bought big boxes of two favorite black teas, so I am all set. I will try the others in the sampler too to see what I like. I can always use up the ones I don't care for in Christmas gifts! Thanks for suggesting stash teas!

can anyone recommend a couple of teas for me?

i'm looking for a good, strong tea that tastes good as unsweetened iced tea. not floral, citrus-ey, or sweet in any way.

secondly, i'm looking for another strong tea, but of the chinese black tea variety. the kind that is often given out with takeout in chinese restaurants. something with a lot of character that is intended to be consumed straight (without sugar, milk, lemon, or honey).

tia. :)

i'm looking for a good, strong tea that tastes good as unsweetened iced tea. not floral, citrus-ey, or sweet in any way.

secondly, i'm looking for another strong tea, but of the chinese black tea variety. the kind that is often given out with takeout in chinese restaurants. something with a lot of character that is intended to be consumed straight (without sugar, milk, lemon, or honey).

I like (had to google the spelling) Laspang Souchong Tea (Smoky Flavor Black Tea). The tea that most Chinese Restaurants here serve is Oolong.

Last edited:
I got my shipment of tea today! I want to like the White Christmas like so many others, but it just isn't my "cup of tea" if you know what I mean. I just got a few bags of that kind in a Christmas sampler, and also bought big boxes of two favorite black teas, so I am all set. I will try the others in the sampler too to see what I like. I can always use up the ones I don't care for in Christmas gifts! Thanks for suggesting stash teas!
You can send it my way! What other teas did you get?

What kind of tea are you looking at for the unsweetened iced tea? Does it need to be herbal or black? Would you be happy with a berry flavor? The other one I immediately thought of was Irish Breakfast. Full bodied, and really flavorful, it would be a wonderful iced tea.

Alix, I got orange spice black tea and English breakfast black tea. The Christmas sampler has pumpkin spice, merry mint, holiday chai, Christmas eve, Christmas morning and white Christmas. I am thinking of separating out the holiday teas and giving as gifts for my friends for Christmas.

I like the Holiday Chai. It isn't too aggressive with its spice blend. Nice and smooth. The others I can take or leave.

alix, i never thought of irish breakfast for iced tea. great idea, thanks!

i think i'll pick up some barry's tea bags and try it out. :)

i'm not a fan of herbal or berry/fruit flavoured teas with the exception of bergamot in earl grey.

I really like rosehip or rosehip-hibiscus as unsweetened ice tea. It has a beautiful red colour and a really nice zing.

If you make it really sweet, you can fool a lot of people into thinking it's red Cool-aid.

Aw nuts! You just reminded me that I had intended to buy some Ruby Mist tea with my last Stash order and I totally forgot! Phooey!!

I'm on a Numi tea kick right now - I can't get enough of it! My absolute favorite is the Toasted Rice green tea. It isn't at all fruity and has a nutty taste thanks to the rice. I love it when I don't want anything sweet. I also love their jasmine green tea - floral smell, but the taste is nice. Their decaf vanilla black tea is so smooth and not over-powered by vanilla, just a hint of it.

Last week in Seattle, I went to MarketSpice in Pike's Place and got their cinnamon orange tea. It is so good - more like drinking cider than tea. I'll have to drink that slowly because I won't be in Seattle again.

chopper and Alix, the memories and tea stories you brought up are just so touching. Thanks for sharing with us. Life is beautiful, because of these moments.

I normally drink plain green tea in the morning. No honey/sugar/milk. I find it very refreshing.

I also love charmomile tea. It helps to relieve my headache when I'm stressed.

Ranchwifeg, Numi tea is awesome! I found some desert lime and LOVE it.

Savory, thanks. Tea is the ultimate comfort in my eyes. I love to sit with tea and just...be.

Looks like President's Choice doesn't make English Breakfast any more. Well, they quit calling it English Breakfast and started calling it something like "Classic English Black Tea". Last time I looked, all I could find was a "Classic Orange Pekoe" (Well, there was green tea and Earl Grey, but that was the only plain, black tea). I bought a box of Twinnings English Breakfast Tea instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom