"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #51
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have many teapots and cups, I've been collecting them since I was about 2 years old. I can get myself in trouble bringing more of them home. But, I usually just heat water on the stove and pour it into a warmed mug.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
With two of us drinking lots of tea, a teapot really makes it easier and cheaper.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #53
Executive Chef

I have one large tea pot and several tea for one sets like this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4189853826.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	12363

Name:	image-1014016318.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	12364

I also use a mug sometimes, and I have one very special china tea cup that I got from my Mom. She sent it to me so we could have tea together. Those were great times when I could call her in Michigan and say, "Hey Mom, start the kettle. Let's have tea!". We would both have tea in matching cups across the miles while chatting on the phone. I miss her so much. December 1st will be one year since she passed away. It's hard to drink out of that cup without her. :(

Name:	image-3269331817.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	12365
Old 11-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #54
Everymom

Oh chopper what a lovely memory to share with us. Thanks for that. Isn't it great that something as simple as a tea cup can elicit such strong memories for us? And rest assured my friend, in time it won't hurt so much to drink tea from that cup. There will always be a twinge, but it will be softened by the loving memories you have of her. That's what I've found with my own tea cups.

Hey...lets have tea together and think of our respective parents. I'm going to put mine in a crocus cup and drink White Christmas. You?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #55
Executive Chef

Well, I am going to try some pumpkin spice Chai that I got as a gift-in a special china tea cup! ;).
Old 11-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Oh chopper what a lovely memory to share with us. Thanks for that. Isn't it great that something as simple as a tea cup can elicit such strong memories for us? And rest assured my friend, in time it won't hurt so much to drink tea from that cup. There will always be a twinge, but it will be softened by the loving memories you have of her. That's what I've found with my own tea cups.

Hey...lets have tea together and think of our respective parents. I'm going to put mine in a crocus cup and drink White Christmas. You?
May I join the two of you. I have Some White Christmas tea I got after reading the posts from you and GB it was my favorite buy. Ill put it in my moms individual put I bought for her her last Christmas with us. I've stayed away from the unit I keep it in most of the time but I think it's time to retire the old mug I use and bring out the pot and cup and saucer with the pretty pink roses. Alix Chopper those memories sweeten with time and one day you will look up and realize life is beautiful.
cj
Old 11-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #57
Everymom

*clink* Cheers kadesma! Thanks for joining us and I am glad you like the White Christmas too. Here's to your memories of your Mom.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #58
Executive Chef

I'm feeling as if I need to get some White Christmas. Where do I order it from? Is it loose tea or bags? Is there a website or could I find it in the stores? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
Everymom

You can buy it either loose or in bags. Its a Stash product. Their website is really good.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #60
Executive Chef

Thanks...I just ordered several kinds of tea including a Christmas sample pack that includes White Christmas. Can't wait until it gets here!