"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #61
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
*clink* Cheers kadesma! Thanks for joining us and I am glad you like the White Christmas too. Here's to your memories of your Mom.
Thanks Alix my memories are held close to my heart and warm me through and through.
cj
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #62
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
A dear friend of mine is in the process of watching her Dad pass away. She comforted me after the loss of my Dad by sending me the biggest box of tea ever. Every time I sat down with a cup of tea, I would think of Dad and of her. I plan to do the same for her. She isn't at home now, but when she gets there, I'll send her the biggest box of tea I can find and tell her how much it comforted me at my lowest times.

Tea is such a comfort. I can't decide if its because it is warm or if its something else.
__________________

__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
A dear friend of mine is in the process of watching her Dad pass away. She comforted me after the loss of my Dad by sending me the biggest box of tea ever. Every time I sat down with a cup of tea, I would think of Dad and of her. I plan to do the same for her. She isn't at home now, but when she gets there, I'll send her the biggest box of tea I can find and tell her how much it comforted me at my lowest times.

Tea is such a comfort. I can't decide if its because it is warm or if its something else.
It's what you mentioned Alix but also because you know just how very much she cares for you.
cj
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #64
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
I got my shipment of tea today! I want to like the White Christmas like so many others, but it just isn't my "cup of tea" if you know what I mean. I just got a few bags of that kind in a Christmas sampler, and also bought big boxes of two favorite black teas, so I am all set. I will try the others in the sampler too to see what I like. I can always use up the ones I don't care for in Christmas gifts! Thanks for suggesting stash teas!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,766
can anyone recommend a couple of teas for me?

i'm looking for a good, strong tea that tastes good as unsweetened iced tea. not floral, citrus-ey, or sweet in any way.

secondly, i'm looking for another strong tea, but of the chinese black tea variety. the kind that is often given out with takeout in chinese restaurants. something with a lot of character that is intended to be consumed straight (without sugar, milk, lemon, or honey).

tia.
__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #66
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
can anyone recommend a couple of teas for me?

i'm looking for a good, strong tea that tastes good as unsweetened iced tea. not floral, citrus-ey, or sweet in any way.

secondly, i'm looking for another strong tea, but of the chinese black tea variety. the kind that is often given out with takeout in chinese restaurants. something with a lot of character that is intended to be consumed straight (without sugar, milk, lemon, or honey).

tia.
I like (had to google the spelling) Laspang Souchong Tea (Smoky Flavor Black Tea). The tea that most Chinese Restaurants here serve is Oolong.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #67
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I got my shipment of tea today! I want to like the White Christmas like so many others, but it just isn't my "cup of tea" if you know what I mean. I just got a few bags of that kind in a Christmas sampler, and also bought big boxes of two favorite black teas, so I am all set. I will try the others in the sampler too to see what I like. I can always use up the ones I don't care for in Christmas gifts! Thanks for suggesting stash teas!
You can send it my way! What other teas did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
can anyone recommend a couple of teas for me?

i'm looking for a good, strong tea that tastes good as unsweetened iced tea. not floral, citrus-ey, or sweet in any way.

tia.
What kind of tea are you looking at for the unsweetened iced tea? Does it need to be herbal or black? Would you be happy with a berry flavor? The other one I immediately thought of was Irish Breakfast. Full bodied, and really flavorful, it would be a wonderful iced tea.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #68
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Alix, I got orange spice black tea and English breakfast black tea. The Christmas sampler has pumpkin spice, merry mint, holiday chai, Christmas eve, Christmas morning and white Christmas. I am thinking of separating out the holiday teas and giving as gifts for my friends for Christmas.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #69
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
I like the Holiday Chai. It isn't too aggressive with its spice blend. Nice and smooth. The others I can take or leave.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,766
alix, i never thought of irish breakfast for iced tea. great idea, thanks!

i think i'll pick up some barry's tea bags and try it out.

i'm not a fan of herbal or berry/fruit flavoured teas with the exception of bergamot in earl grey.
__________________

__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.