Longwind's Citrus Punch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Now truth be told, I'm not all that fond of mixing fruit juices together to make punch. I've had them made with all kinds of fruits, and fruit juices, and some are definitely better than others.

Two nights ago, I was going to make blood orange supreme's to go along with supper. After making one supreme', I tasted one of the little juice pearls from the membrane-free section. It was a little bitter, and fairly sour. I know instantly that this wold fly with DW. I then thought I'd make a sauce by blending the intire, peeled blood orange with sugar. I tasted the sweetened, blended fruit. It tasted very good, but yoo sugary. I took one ripe lemon, and one ripe lime, and cut them in half, and squeezed the juice from the two, separate fruit halves. I tested again for flavor and was seriously impressed. These flavors were sooooooo good with each other. I added two cups of ice water and tested. To my dismay, it was a little too sweet. I didn't want to add more lemon, or lime, as the flavor profile was perfect. So, I took the flavors of fruit with yogurt as my inspiration. I added four tbs. of plain yogurt to the mixture and blended it in.

After the punch was cold, I tested it again. I also gave DW a taste of everything I make. Because of the sour component in the punch, I thought she would take a sip, and promptly reject it outright.

I gave her a sip, and to my surprise, she absolutely loved it, as did I. I made more of the punch u last night for some company. They wanted me to make a second batch so they could have more. You have got to try this flavor combination. It's soooo good.

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 blood orange, peeled
1/2 lemon
1/2 lime
4 tbs. plain yogurt
sweetener to taste (can be sugar, sucralose, stevia, whatever you prefer)
2 cups ice water

Squeeze the juice from the lemon and lime halves into the blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Serve ice cold.

Last night, when I made this again, I was out of yogurt. I substituted a banana for the missing yogurt. Everyone loved it. Me, I prefer this recipe with the yogurt. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

sounds good, chief.

my wife often makes what she calls smoothies using yogurt, ice, and a mix of fresh and frozen fruit.

our faves so far are various combos of frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, frozen mixed fruit, fresh bananas, fresh apples, and fresh mangoes.

i'm going to have to try your more citrus approach. thanks.

sounds good, chief.

my wife often makes what she calls smoothies using yogurt, ice, and a mix of fresh and frozen fruit.

our faves so far are various combos of frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, frozen mixed fruit, fresh bananas, fresh apples, and fresh mangoes.

i'm going to have to try your more citrus approach. thanks.

BT; You try this recipe out yet. I make smoothies like your wife does, usually with apple or pear mixed together with grapes, banana, kiwi, or whatever fruit I have available, which almost always includes frozen blueberries that I worked so hard to pick last year. They are always good. But when I threw this concoction together, first taste told me it was something special indeed. You have to try it. I want someone's opinion who I trust.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom