Looking for Orange Juliuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Marge,

I used to be a manager at Orange Julius a long time ago. I have since forgotten the recipe, but knew it at one time (I know that helps a lot).

I remember that we used fresh squeezed OJ, Simple Syrup and there was the special powder that I know contained egg whites. I wish I could be more help.

I used to make something similar by blending together vanilla ice cream and orange juice in equal amounts. It's quite good, really. You could have all sorts of fun with this basic recipe by adding different ingredients. I'm quite fond of mangoes, myself.

1 (6 ounces) can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons egg substitute
1 cup crushed ice

1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 cup water
3 tablespoons egg white or egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups ice

Combine all of the ingredients except ice in a blender and blend on high speed for 15-30 seconds or until the sugar is dissolved. Add the ice and blend for another 10 to 15 seconds or so, until ice is mostly crushed yet still a bit coarse.
Makes 2 16-ounce drinks.

He has a Vita-Mix and will be using fresh oranges.
Thanks for your help, I'll send these on to my son.
Marge~dove :D

I found a couple on the web...

ORANGE JULIUS

Serving Size : 4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 x Ice
1 x Orange Juice
1 x Water
2 T Syrup
1 t Instant Vanilla Pudding

1) Take a blender. Fill 3/4 full with ice.
2) Add orange juice to about 1/3 way up the ice.
3) Add water to top of the ice.
4) Add about 1-2 tablespoons simple syrup (vanilla syrup can be
substituted).
5) Add 1 teaspoon of instant vanilla pudding (that is the
"secret powder").
6) Blend until smooth.

As the trend for fruit smoothies surged in the 1990’s, the Orange Julius company didn’t want to be left out. After all, Orange Julius developed what was the first smoothies on the block, with the original Orange Julius blended drink back in 1926. But as thicker smoothie drinks of more complex blends became popular, Orange Julius set out to put its own twist on the fruity beverage by using a special additive called coconut-almond compound (while trademarking a unique spelling of the word “smoothie” with a “Y”). In addition to a scoop of the powdery compound that’s added to the original Orange Julius drinks, servers add a scoop of this new powder. In that secret powder are some thickening agents (such as powdered egg whites), plus flavors that include coconut and almond. So, here now is a way you can clone your own version of the most popular variety of the chain’s Classic Smoothy using coconut syrup and almond extract as part of your own homemade secret “compound.”

Orange Julius® Strawberry-Banana Classic Smoothy®

1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons pasteurized egg white or egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup coconut syrup (such as Coco Lopez)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 medium ripe bananas
1 10-ounce box frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
3 cups ice

1. Combine all ingredients except banana, strawberries, and ice in a blender and blend on high speed for 15 seconds or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add banana, strawberries and ice and blend until ice is crushed. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, add a straw and serve.

Makes 2 regular-size drinks.

Good Luck!

some really good ideas here..Thanks
Norge, the last URL was a great site to go to..loved it.
Marge

Dove said:
some really good ideas here..Thanks
Norge, the last URL was a great site to go to..loved it.
Marge

thanks marge. Still have not been to the mall to check with the orange julius there, but will perhaps this week=end.

Back
Top Bottom