"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks
Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #11
Head Chef
Now it's zero milk here! Never did like the stuff, though I had a brother and a son who would chug the stuff by the gallon when both were younger.

I usually have a half-pint of cream or half & half in the fridge to cook with for pastas or whatnot where consistancy is important.

I use soy in my oatmeal and smoothies and such though.

Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #12
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Katie E
I'm a huge milk drinker. Aways have been. Buck is just the opposite. As a result, with just the two of us, a gallon lasts a little under a week.
DH and I are exactly the same! He'll eat it on cereal, but rarely drinks a glass of it (unless there's ice cream in there, too!). Between my drinking it with dinner and our breakfast cereal, we go through about a gallon a week.

I've noticed lately that milk prices seem to have really jumped and just heard to expect them to rise again, too. Maybe we should consider those cows, Katie!

-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
Master Chef
A half gallon of milk lasts us about 2 or 3 weeks. We don't drink it, mainly for cooking purposes only. Hubby will have a glass once in a while. I can't stand to drink it. We usually get the organic stuff since it tends to have a longer shelf life.
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
Head Chef
We only use half n half in our coffee... and we use canned milk for some recipes. But I can't even remember the last time we bought 'milk'.

Growing up, we used to have milk on the table in accompanyment to our meal, and had cold cereal for breakfast most every morn. I think we went through a lot of it back then but, since I wasn't buyin', I'd have no clue as to how much... but it was a lot.
Dogs have owners ~ Cats have staff.
The Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
Master Chef
The older I get the harder it is for me to drink milk. Or rather drinking is not the problem it is what happens after. But we still go thru a lot of milk, at least 4 gallons per week.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
We go through 3 gallons a week. Sometimes 4. When I was little my mom was buying 2 gallons of milk per day between my dad and I.

middie is offline   Reply With Quote