Milk recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
Hi everybody,

Can anyone suggest any drinks (warm or cold) that use milk as the prime ingredient, but which do not contain any alcohol or caffeine?

Thank-you so much for any thoughts,

Happy cooking to all! :)

Perhaps you could modify the old English posset drink - it used 'sack' or sherry - but you could leave it out. It does have eggs though.. A sort of pre-cursor of the traditional eggnog!

My favorite would have to be the Egg Cream. Mix equal parts chocolate milk and seltzer. Try to find Foxes Ubet chocolate syrup, but it you can't find that any others you like will do.

IC, I love making steamed milk and adding a shot of flavored syrup. You could always use the sugar-free syrup with Splenda if you'd like. The sky's the limit with flavor combinations, but my favorites are either vanilla or caramel. A dollop of whipped cream on top is always nice too.:)

I got a battery-operated milk frother at Marshall's (or TJ Maxx or one of those discount places) for about $6 and it's great. In fact, soon after, I saw the same one in a kitchen supply store for about 3 times as much!

Liquados are a staple of any Mexican's diet, basically they are milk shakes. You can find liquado stands pretty much anywhere in any town and their american equivalent would be "the smoothie".

A friend of mine used only powdered milk that tasted REALLY bad and didint dissolve properly so we always had to do something to make his powdered milk into an edible product. This meant a couple of bananas, a couple of spoons of quick or milo and a handfull of chocolate cookies (they where chocolate flavored cookies with a chocoalte cream). This made a thick, delicious and really energetic smoothie.

Other classics include strawberries, Jam and for some reason... nopales (cactus).

Hi all,

Thank-you everyone, these are all awesome ideas!!! I will definitely try some of them!!!

I'm not able to drink alcohol, caffeine, carbonated beverage, and lots of other products and foods due to my health, so milk is a big part of my beverage routine, and I'm always looking for ways to be creative with it :)

Happy cooking to all :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom