"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #21
Cook

Katie, you have to cruise the tea aisle! Even if you're not buying any because your cupboards are over flowing, you just have to stand there and sniff! It's the best!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
I really like drinking tea in the morning with a toast, Twinning 'English Breakfast Tea' (Red box) when drinking plain tea or 'Tazo Awake' with milk are my favorites.
A colleague from work brought me a very nice box of Chinese tea that I haven't tried yet, this stuff smells so strong that will probably grow hair in your chest LOL

Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #23
Sous Chef

Peppermint Tea is great, I add a bit of Sugar In The Raw to it, nice and soothing, doesnt need it, but its great.

I also discovered a most excellent Iced Tea today.
Arizona Black & White Tea. Its the best of both worlds, few calories and no high fructose corn syrup. Its excellent and excellent for you.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #24
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I really like drinking tea in the morning with a toast, Twinning 'English Breakfast Tea' (Red box) when drinking plain tea or 'Tazo Awake' with milk are my favorites.
A colleague from work brought me a very nice box of Chinese tea that I haven't tried yet, this stuff smells so strong that will probably grow hair in your chest LOL
I used to like both of those also. I would drink either Twinnings English or Irish breakfast tea, then I switched to Tazo Awake too and now I'm hooked on Tea Gerschwender.

I'm Scotch/Irish and I've been drinking tea as soon as I wake up since I was 3 years old. The minute the alarm goes off, I start thinking about my warm cup of tea - gotta have it!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
Cook

A nice warm cuppa is definately the only way to wake up, it's the best when someone else makes it for you though!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #26
Everymom

OK, lets go count and see the number of different flavors and varieties in our cabinets. Lets see who is the biggest nut!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #27
Head Chef

On an early foggy morning trip to visit the Taj Majal last December, I fell in love with Marsala tea at a roadside breakfast joint between New Delhi and Agra. It calmed my nerves (frayed by the difficult travel) and warmed my soul (my teeth were chattering from the cold). It was a hot milky tea with various spices somewhat like the tea referred to as Chai in upscale western hotels.

Now whenever I go to an Indian restaurant I ask for Marsala tea after the meal. They do serve it but it's nothing close to my memory of that hot soothing almost magical potion I had on that memorable morning in a rough exotic land.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #28
Everymom

Chopstix, what a lovely memory. And so beautifully narrated. Thank you.

I feel that way about Earl Grey (Twinings). On our honeymoon, we stayed at a lovely B&B on Mayne Island. There wasn't a lot to do on the island (but really, on your honeymoon you don't need a lot... ) They served an afternoon tea in the parlor at about 4pm. We'd toured the island, it was drizzling rain so we couldn't do anymore outside activities and our room was being "freshened up" so off we went to the parlor. I was tired, a bit cranky and feeling like I needed to be pampered a bit. Well, when that tray arrived with the tea and cookies on it I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. The tea was just what I needed and I've bought it myself ever since. It has never tasted quite so perfect though...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
OK, lets go count and see the number of different flavors and varieties in our cabinets. Lets see who is the biggest nut!
ok, i have: regular sencha, pineapple sencha, earl grey, earl grey with silvertips and extra bergamot, tung ting jade oolong, lipton's regular black, lipton's cold brew, chinese black, and barry's gold blend.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM   #30
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Chopstix, what a lovely memory. And so beautifully narrated. Thank you.
Thanks for the kind words Alix! I'm still chuckling at your !