Nice Punch for a Baby Shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauline46

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know of a good punch recipe that would be good for a baby shower. We are having lasagna, salad, cake......

Thanks...:ROFLMAO:

I don't know if these are sold all year round but at Christmas we used to buy some type of sherbert punch. It was a sherbert mixed with different flavorings, sold in a 1/2 gallon plastic container. They were available in most of the grocery stores. You added gingerale, sprite or soda water in the punch bowl. We all found it very refreshing.

I have many other punches but that's a virgin celebration beverage. :)

Thanks Jan, I did see some sherbert punches online that look good, but I thought it might be too filling because of the sherbert.

Here is one I found that looks good. What do you think?:rolleyes:

Mock Champagne
Ingredients -

1 liter of club soda
1/2 Liter of White Grape Juice
1 Liter of Gingerale

Directions

Mix all 3 together and serve chilled over ice. Very refreshing for those hot summer days.

Pauline,
your recipe looks very good. Here is another idea for you, Raspberry lemonade or Thai limeade. When my girls were pregnant, the both loved Watermelon or cantaloupe blended then add some simple syrup and bottled water and ice cubes that piecies of fruit had been frozen in.. Hope your party is wonderful.
kadesma:)

The Mock Champagne sounds good. You could drop a few raspberries in the punch or hang a sliced strawberry on the edge of the glass.

kadesma, we'll certainly give that a try this summer...how refreshing and pretty!

Last edited:
Champagne and Cherry Brandy.
sub the Champagne with Asti Spumante if your budget doesn`t allow champagne, or even a Cava if you`re Really hard up.

YT..my guess is she's trying to stay non-acoholic because of the guest of honour, lol!

I like the mock champagne especially with HB's raspberry garnish! I think pink lemonade made with fresh ingredients would be lovely too.....maybe before luinch you could serve non alcoholic cocktails for a bit of glamour? With sparklers and the works they would make a for a real celebration!

You can alter the amount to your taste, but I fixed this one time and it was a big hit. Sorry I can't remember the measurements. I do remember that I didn't use as much sprite and it needs to be added before serving because of the carbination.

white grape juice
pineapple juice
sprite or lemon lime soda

Raspberry lemonade-or limeade, rec.

This is a spring and summer time favorite around here.
use 2 c. fresh lemon juice, 1 pint of raspberries blended and strained, honey to taste for sweetness about 1/2 c. boiing tap water,4 c. sparkling water.Chill well, Fill tall glasses with ice cubes then about 2/3 full of sparkling water (make sure it's cold) then top it off with the lemon-raspberry mixture.
Another one we enjoy is Limeade,
zest 6 limes, 1-2 tea. kosher salt or to taste, 1 c. fresh lime juice,1-1/2c. simple syrup 3-c. spring water,ice cubes. pour boiling water over the zest and salt and let sit about 20-25 min. Strain and discard zest, pour water into larger container. Stir in lime juice,simple syrup and spring water. Chill well Fill tall glasses with ice cubes and pour over the limeade...Enjoy.
We make fancy ice cubes to go in these. It's someting the little guys get a kick out of doing. Fill ice cube trays with either plain water or try using a lemon lime soda, add a raspberry, strawberry,bueberry or something that corresponds with your main ingredient or even freeze a small mint leaf in the cubes looks nice too.
kadesma:)

Hi...I have read the messages and sherbert mixed with gingerale and fruit juice is very nice. My family had done this for all baby showers over the years.

YT2095 said:
Champagne and Cherry Brandy.
sub the Champagne with Asti Spumante if your budget doesn`t allow champagne, or even a Cava if you`re Really hard up.

For the record cava is the Spanish version of Champagne. It is made in the Champagne method. It may not be made with the chardonnay nor pinot noir grapes but the method is still the same. There is certainly nothing wrong with cava.

We make what is called Party Iced Tea and have been drinking it for years and years. It shows up on our Easter table every year and at many, many gatherings, including baby showers, where we wanted something different for the non-drinkers/children/pregnant mothers.

3 quarts tea (Steep 2 family-size tea bags in 3 quarts water)
1/2 cup sugar
1 12-oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate (undiluted)
1 quart ginger ale

#1, do not squeeze tea bags! Just gently lift them out of the water. Combine tea, sugar, and lemonade. Chill. Just before serving gently stir in the ginger ale. This makes approximately 10 large iced tea glass servings. It will serve more in the little punch glasses.

Back
Top Bottom