Not the best news in the world for women cola lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this announcement follows historical trends for the average food scare, there will soon be another study that says this study was flawed and that the results are bogus.

I have been reading about this concern/trend for many years in nutrition journals. This is not new. From what I have read, the concern is the high phosphorous content of colas. I believe the concern is legitimate.

Andy M. said:
If this announcement follows historical trends for the average food scare, there will soon be another study that says this study was flawed and that the results are bogus.

You could be right. I think we all remember when eggs were demonized and now they're good for us again.

At any rate, I had a hysterectomy several years ago and am on horomone replacement therapy. I was never a big soda, cola, drinker but on the advice of my physician, I cut back on what sodas I do drink. I have perhaps one a day and if I drink a cola it's always caffeine-free, too. My doctor said that cutting back/down on sodas would allow my hrt to be more effectively used by my body. He didn't say anything about osetoporosis.

Regardless of the reason, I think it's still probably better for me overall to reduce my soda intake.

As I've encouraged you many times, Katie E, you need to replace a significant amount of your cola intake with beer. It won't attack your bones and it will nurture a rosy outlook on life.
Buck

Buck, you're quite wrong. The best thing to do is to reduce the cola content in a drink by replacing it with rum!

Jokes aside, if the scare is for real, it's quite a serious issue. I wasn't aware it had been given coverage in nutrition journals. And I'm usually quite sceptical about these matters: as Andy M points out, lots of these stories turn out to be wrong in the end. On the other hand, when I lived in Britain, I stopped eating beef years before mad cow's disease hit the general press because it was being reported in science journals.

it May take out a little calcium as H3Po4 is a tribasic acid, but it`s also Instantly assimilated back again!
else Root vegetables would be just as harmfull!

besides you NEED Phosphorus in our Cell Mitochondria for energy, the only Real danger with coke is drinking it in excess, and that may cause heamoraging in the stomach just the same as Aspirin would.

I`m with Andy M. on this, it just yet Another "Flash in the pan" perpetrated by the scare mongers that need to justify their university budget!

Back
Top Bottom