Orange Blossom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I found an amazing product a few months ago, and it is wonderful.

It's a 16.9 oz bottle (with the little metal hinged canning cork top) by a company called Le Temps des Mets, and they're out of France.

I got it at Home Goods, but I'm thinking Cost Plus, or any other cool-food-import store will have it.

This is a syrup (not for hotcakes) that you add to desserts. The best one is their Natural Orange Blossom Flavor (also Violet is really interesting)
It's taste is identical to the blossoms' fragrance on the trees.

I've discovered that when added equal parts to sprite & white wine, you have the best southern afternoon cocktail around.
trink02.gif

I kid you not.

jkath said:
I found an amazing product a few months ago, and it is wonderful.

It's a 16.9 oz bottle (with the little metal hinged canning cork top) by a company called Le Temps des Mets, and they're out of France.

I got it at Home Goods, but I'm thinking Cost Plus, or any other cool-food-import store will have it.

This is a syrup (not for hotcakes) that you add to desserts. The best one is their Natural Orange Blossom Flavor (also Violet is really interesting)
It's taste is identical to the blossoms' fragrance on the trees.

I've discovered that when added equal parts to sprite & white wine, you have the best southern afternoon cocktail around.
trink02.gif

I kid you not.

FYI:

1. Orange blossom is a common flavor in Mideastern cooking. It is usually sold in the form of "orange blossom water."

2. The most cost effective natural form is "neroli oil," an essential oil obtained by steam distillation of orange blossoms. It typically costs $100/oz. Your syrup probably contains less that 1 drop of neroli.

3. Orange blossom flavoring is a common component in many artificial flavorings, e.g., artificial pistachio.

4. I have a 0.5 oz bottle of artificial orange blossom flavoring that cost me around $5. It is almost as concentrated as neroli oi and I cannot tell the difference in flavor. This is enough to make hundreds of gallons of your syrup, the point being that you may have been ripped off.

point taken, but this is natural, not artificial, and I don't believe I was ripped off - I didn't tell you how much I paid.

Anyway, back to the post - I was just saying what a wonderful accompaniment this was to a refreshing spritzer. That's all :)

jkath said:
point taken, but this is natural, not artificial, and I don't believe I was ripped off - I didn't tell you how much I paid.

How much did you pay :?:

Rats! I was thinking back to a very old cocktail, called an "Orange Blossom"...

1.5 oz dry gin, 3 oz top end OJ, and a drizzle of grenadine, stirred, with ice...

Maybe your new flavouring would bring that up to a new level?

Lifter

Orange Blossom

jkath: I do appreciate you sharing your find with us. We have a Home Goods near where I live that I never have been in. (Always in hurry) I am going to go there now that you gave me reason to. Sounds good and as I said you sharing this with us is very thoughtful. Thanks.

Well thank you, inthek!
They also have rose, violet and some others too.
HG is owned by TJMaxx of all companies, but beware! It is habit forming!
Enjoy :)

Orange Blossom

Oh, do you know about TJMaxx? I just love that store. In there all the time mostly for good underwear that fit. Go to Target and never get right size. TJMaxx is really my place after the grocery store. What I have left I use to buy something from TJMaxx. I will let you know when I get Orange Blossom and once again was nice of you to let the rest know about your find. That is being thoughtful. Thanks.

JKath, I love Les Temps Rose Syrup. I mix it with cold water, both flat and sparkling, I've used it over ice cream, I've mixed it in champagne and soaked cake in it for trifle. They make a lovely lavendar syrup, too. Thanks for letting me know where you found yours. I've been bringing it back whenever we're in Paris or have friends or family that are traveling there lug a couple of bottles home for me.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom