Orange juice drink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grammyswart

Assistant Cook
I need some help. I am having the my lady friend over for brunch and need a drink to serve besides coffee and tea. I had an orange juice drink at a bed & breakfast a couple of years ago that was delicious. Does any one have any ideas?

Could it have been a mimosa? Those are quite common to serve at brunch and whatnot. It's basically just champaigne and orange juice... really quite tasty.

No, I think it had banana in it. It was almost like a smoothie, but more orange juice like.

I don't know about the banana part - sounds like a smoothie - but orange julius is really good and a recipe is easy to find on the web

I forgot about Orange Julius!! I used to get them in the mall when I was little. My aunt started making them for me because I was so picky about things and I loved this. I don't remember everything, but, I do remember the egg and most of the recipes that I googled, didn't have it. This one does. I'm going to make this one myself and let my boys and dh try it out.
http://parentingteens.about.com/od/recipesforkids/r/kids_recipes49.htm

I worked at Orange Julius years ago. From what I remember the recipe was fresh squeezes OJ, powdered egg whites, simple syrup, and ice, all blended together.

GB said:
I worked at Orange Julius years ago. From what I remember the recipe was fresh squeezes OJ, powdered egg whites, simple syrup, and ice, all blended together.
I remember the oranges. They had oranges all over the machine. I'll stick to the concentrate, it's easier:mrgreen:

I don't use the egg in mine. Also on the same page TG posted, there are other recipes for juice drinks - quite a few. BTW I make mimosas with orange juice and cranberry gingerale - they are delicious and no bad stuff.

This is not a very exciting drink, but sometimes I find OJ a little too sweet. I will cut it in half with seltzer. It adds some bubbles and tastes really good.

....or is grammy talking about Russian Tea?

2 cups Tang
1 cup sweetened lemonade powder
1/2 cup instant tea powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
add 2 heaping tsp to a cup of (close to) boiling water.

Lots of great ideas - now what are your favorite brunch recipes?
I love this site!!!

grammy - start a post for brunch ideas, and I guarantee you, you'll have more ideas than you could use in a month of Sundays! :mrgreen:

I love Russian tea... but I always forget about it.
Thanks for the reminder Jkath. I'll be making some soon.

:) How about a Mexican Liquado?Just put some orange juice,strawberries and a banana in a blender and whiz away.Keep cold.Frozen strawberries are are great in this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom