"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #21
Everymom

Thanks Caine, I know that was a nosy question, but I was just wondering.

Breezy, you painted a lovely picture of yourself drinking Earl Grey with winter outside your window.

Cherry, have you tried Lady Grey tea? Its a bit lighter than Earl Grey and with more bergamot in it.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #22
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Thanks Caine, I know that was a nosy question, but I was just wondering.

Breezy
My life is an open book.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #23
Sous Chef

It's a green tea company name Good Earth. Delicious. You won't need anything else. Just the tea. Best.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #24
Assistant Cook

I drink LOTS of iced tea brewed from my own blend of teas, including an organic gunpowder green tea. I like Dragon Water Tea Co. Terrific selection (with detailed description of each tea) and customer service. Check out their Tea Tasting Club.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #25
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Cherry, have you tried Lady Grey tea? Its a bit lighter than Earl Grey and with more bergamot in it.

No, I haven't yet. I will though! I'm always open to new teas. Thanks a million to all of you who have posted here. I want to try them all!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #26
Master Chef

Lipton makes great tea: Red Rose and the new one (forme) I've been buying lately is Lipton Red tea.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #27
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
Ooooh Red Rose! How could I forget that? I've turned my boyfriend onto tea as well and now there's a huge box of Red Rose in his cabinet. Lol.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
i'm a *total* tea junkie. i brew a big vat of the stuff (think it's a half-gallon thermos) to take fresh to work every day...cokes & coffe just don't work for me. some places to start:

like a lot of people have said, stash flat-out ROCKS. be sure to hit up their internet specials for some good deals that aren't in their catalog. they offer plenty of sampler packs, so grab a few and find something you like. their double bergamot earl grey is a long-time fave.

the republic also has excellent quality stuff. their "tea for the queen of hearts" - black tea with roses - is something i can't live without. likewise their ginger peach, which is a super pick-me-up on a rainy day.

if you want to try more traditional styles of tea (i.e., sans fruit & flowers), check out ten ren. it's a company out of china that has stores in some areas, but does mail-order as well. excellent quality, and not expensive at all.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #29
Everymom

Oooooooo fireweaver, I like your style! I'm a tea junkie too. Thanks for the links, I'm off to browse.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #30
Assistant Cook

How wonderful to see I'm not the only tea drinker on this forum! I love tea, I've never been a coffee drinker really (the only thing I occasionally have is a cappuccino or a coffee mocha at cafes), my minum is two cups a day. One of the most luxurious thing is to serve a full afternoon tea, don't do it very often but it happens, and I just love the experience. Have a pretty little collection of tea pots as well, so I always serve the tea in a beautiful pot that gives one something pretty to look at as well.

Some favourites of mine, which I would all recommend...

Earl Grey - The classic, works every time, drink it often
Lady Grey (Twinings) - Similar to Earl Grey but with an extra dash of bergamot, one of my regulars
Green Tea (Twinings) - Very refreshing
Jasmine Green Tea - Refreshing and special
Russian Earl Grey (Lipton) - A very exciting tea, its strong in its taste, big citrus accent
Darjeeling - Really rich and sort of "blooming" and "spicy", it's a lighter coloured dark tea
Rooibos (red tea) - Takes a while to get used to it perhaps, but it's good if one doesn't want anything with caffeine (like late at night), plus it has good anti-oxidants in it