Sarsasparilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Hard to find Sarsasprilla soda around here anymore. Once in awhile I like to drink it instead of the same old soda .

Where I live, most large super markets have it, as do places like BevMo..

kadesma:)

I LOVE Sars, when I was a kid, my dad use to made up a drink called Double Sars, Sars cordial in a glass then top up with Sars soda with ice, we thought we were in heaven, my parents had their drinks, us kids had our double Sars, we did the same with lemon squash, with a lemon slice added to it, mum had her Gin Squash, we had our double lemon squash, very nice.

Never heard of it, what is it?

Look here for a brief Wikipedia explanation.

Buck and I really like it and used to buy it at a big beverage distributor when we went to Allentown, PA to visit his mother.

The best way to describe the taste is that it's a bit like birch beer or root beer. Yummy, almost creamy-like taste.

We haven't had it for years. Just forgot about it. Now I might have to see if there's a source for it here.

You know, I always thought it was an acoholic beverage, like a mimosa or something.
Sasperilla, is how it sounds, right? Or is that different?

If it taste like beer, it isn't touching these lips. LOL Never cared for beer, unless we were playing quarters.:angel:

Never had birch beer, but, root beer I will definately drink!! ok, now I need to find some of this stuff:LOL:

You already know what root beer tastes like. Birch beer is similar and, in my book, it tastes "creamier." Birch beer also has a little different color to it. It's almost as dark as root beer, but it has a redder hue to it. Pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom