So what's your favourite Mocktail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U-Bet is the traditional chocolate syrup to use when making this, but use anything you would normally use for your own chocolate milk. I prefer syrup and if you can find U-Bet (kind of hard to find) then give it a shot, but powder will work just fine if that is what you like.

I think the powder version would separate too much. The powder just suspends itself in the milk. Or maybe that's just Nesquik and Milo! I'm not going to mess with dodgy syrups. I'm going for the real stuff from Masters dairy. The rich indulgent version.

Right. I've tried putting soda water into a commercial choc milk 50/50 mix. I think this would be better using the syrup as it just tastes too "thin". I added some extra choc milk to the drink and it improved. To me, it is like a spider in reverse, with the flavour in the milk instead of in the fizz. I'll give it a whirl with the syrup next time and let you know but otherwise, I think I'll stick to a spider! Interesting though.

Ah you're only out half a cup of milk, same of soda and a splash of syrup. What can it hurt. It doesn't turn all gross or anything. Just looks like thin choc milk with bubbles. Pretend its a milkshake where the ice has melted. Be brave!

Ok, checked out EGG CREAM .. funny, it has NO eggs and NO cream. And here I thought an egg cream was something like an eggnog. LoL And we do not have any of the UBet chocolate syrup anywhere around here either. Anything close, I'm willing to try it too.

Yeah by the name I was wondering what the soda water did to the choc milk!! My imagination was going into overdrive. I had visions of things that kids do to milk when they are trying to gross each other out! So not like that at all!!LOL

My soda water struggled to maintain the bubbles - I buy cheap cos I get through so much of it.

Hershey is a brand of chocolate. They make bars and syrup as well as many other chocolate products.

Gossie, by all means use Hershey's. U-Bet is the traditional choice, but it is just chocolate syrup. it will still be the same drink if you use a brand other than U-bet.

spec-dark-syrup.jpg

Here's the good stuff :chef:

(btw, are you still looking for good mocktails? I love cranberry juice with lime juice and a splash of soda water. It's even better if you've simmered in some cinnamon sticks into the cranberry juice before refrigerating it.)

I'll think about it Bilby LOL

Yes jkath...MOCKTAILS lol, am still looking for good Mocktails LOL

I had Cranberry and Soda water last nite :). Are you talking about making Cranberry juice from scratch?

Haha! I have a bottle of cranberry juice in the fridge just chilling now for cranberry and soda water! Can't open it though until I have used up the asparagus that's in the fridge door cos I have to stand the juice up after it's opened.

Back
Top Bottom