Soda stream syrups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I've seen the ads on TV for the soda stream system to make your own soda at home. I really don't want to get the whole thing. I usually try to stir out as much of the carbonation as I can with sodas anyway. I'm considering buying the syrup and just adding the water kind of like kool aid. Think it will be any good?

When I was brewing beer at home, many years ago, I used to make some homemade soda for the young'uns.
You can likely still buy syrups, although I haven't looked around. There used to be a place in Norfolk called Wine and Cake Hobbies. Can't recall the address just now. They sold all manner of wine making, beer making, and cake decorating supplies. They also carried a variety of soda syrups. I wonder if they are still in business? As I recall, they also held weekly classes for various things.

We have a sodastream. The nice thing about is that you
can carbonate the water for your sodas to your own liking,
so if you want only lightly carbonated soda, you can make it
that way.
If you want to test your theory, buy some store brand soda, take the cap
off and let it sit until it is completely flat, with no carbonation. If you
like it, then you'd probably like the sodastream syrups flat too.

The hubby and I found them at Target. As for the OP's question, I'd think it would be OK since a viariety of non-carbonated fountain drinks (fruit punch, lemonade and even most of the iced teas) are a mix of some sort of syrup flavoring and regular water. I'd probably buy one container to start with, the smallest available. I'd experiment with it adding just a little at a time to see what water to syrup ratio tastes the best.

We make Italian sodas all the time. I buy Torani brand syrup most of the time but you can buy Lime Cordial at the grocery store here.

Back
Top Bottom