Soy milk in the fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I have a soy milk maker and it makes enough milk at one time for 3 days of my needs. How long will fresh soy milk stay in the fridge before it goes bad? It is my intention to fill 3 cups with lids as soon as I make the sm and then pop it into the fridge. It is just pure soy milk, no sugar, salt, etc. Would it last longer if I put salt in it?

I would like info on that as well please. I buy my soya milk in handy individual cartons now for making my breakfast summer porridge. I make 4 days worth at one time. Then I distribute into little pots. A little more expensive but on the other hand I am not throwing any away now after a few days as I was before when I bought the big litre size carton.

Hi I have recently changed from cow's milk to soya milk and am hoping experienced users of soya milk can help me.

The type I buy is long life unsweetened soya (from Tesco).

I live alone and have become accustomed to the fridge life of cow's milk. After it's about 5 days old, I start sniffing it before use to find out if it has gone off.

I am finding that once I open the soya milk and put it in the fridge, it never gets that sour smell and the only way I can find out if it has gone off is to put it in my tea. Then it curdles and I have to throw away the tea AND the milk, wasting tea bags.

My questions are:

- how long does soya milk last once it has been opened and put in the fridge?

- is there a way of telling if soya milk has gone off without putting it in my tea or tasting it?

- does it freeze well (I am thinking to split the litre into quarters and freeze them, taking one out every other day).

- if I want to take 100ml on a journey with me, to use in tea later, does it last about as long as cow milk does out of the fridge, or longer or shorter?

- if it HAS gone off, and I do not notice, because it does not smell, will it make me ill like cow milk does?

Thanks

Bundly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom