Starbucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ink, I've had that happen before, too, and have concluded that it could be from 1-over blending to get the cubed ice to break down enough and 2-I use skim milk, which seems to not blend as well, causing that separation you mentioned. You're right, it's still good, just not quite the same!

Thanks for the over-blending tip, that may be hurting it. I do not, however, use skim milk, as the java chip recipe does not call for milk. I can imagine why there may be trouble blending ice, coffee, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips into a uniform consistency, but they seem to do it well enough at starbucks. Maybe the recipe isn't quite spot-on?

This could be the reason

"Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino®
These are copycat recipes and not the actual propriety recipe that is property of Starbucks. They are approximations. For the real thing, visit your local Starbucks."

mish said:
This could be the reason

"Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino®
These are copycat recipes and not the actual propriety recipe that is property of Starbucks. They are approximations. For the real thing, visit your local Starbucks."

:):)Ok, if you insist. I'll go this afternoon!:)

pdswife said:
:):)Ok, if you insist. I'll go this afternoon!:)

:LOL: If I recall, I know you're a big fan, pds. The idea is really to emulate Starbucks' recipes. Good blending tips here. Thank you.

As a former employee of Borders, I still feel a certain alliance to their own cafè... and I do still miss their CHAI FREEZE!!

Lugaru said:
Remember... any starbucks beverage can be improved by a shot of rum or vodka.

What!? We had really long shifts there!

How about kaluha.. would that work instead? LOLOLOL!!:ROFLMAO:

pdswife said:
How about kaluha.. would that work instead? LOLOLOL!!:ROFLMAO:

Actually that's very nice.

And now that some one mentioned chai try the Chai (the concentrate) in your hot chocolate. You get a sweet and spicy hot chocolate mix similar to chocolate abuelita or severial other mexican hot chocolates with cinamon and clove.

Mmm, Chai is one of my most favorites! My daughter loves it too, but only the Oregon Chai in the cardboard container. I've tried different kinds, instant and such, and she does not care for it at all. I'll have to try it in my hot cocoa. It's getting a little cold around here to try the Chai Freeze now, I'll wait til spring. The kids and I are going to Borders this morning for story time, so I'll see what we drink today. :) And pds wife, I'll try that shot of Kahlua - though my shot might be a little bigger than normal! hahaha.

LeeAnn said:
Mmm, Chai is one of my most favorites! My daughter loves it too, but only the Oregon Chai in the cardboard container. I've tried different kinds, instant and such, and she does not care for it at all. I'll have to try it in my hot cocoa. It's getting a little cold around here to try the Chai Freeze now, I'll wait til spring. The kids and I are going to Borders this morning for story time, so I'll see what we drink today. :) And pds wife, I'll try that shot of Kahlua - though my shot might be a little bigger than normal! hahaha.

ahhh, but it won't be as big as mine. In fact, forget the coffee and just bring me the kaluha bottle!

You know, we can make our own Kahlua this year, last year I made 2 bottles and drank almost all of it myself! What a treat! I'll bring a bottle for you, and one for me, and we'll watch a movie! :)

Back
Top Bottom