Starbucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Starbucks

Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino®
These are copycat recipes and not the actual propriety recipe that is property of Starbucks. They are approximations. For the real thing, visit your local Starbucks..

6 cups double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional cocoa powder for garnish
2 cups nonfat milk

Fill ice-cube trays with half of the brewed coffee and place in the freezer. In a bowl, combine the remaining brewed coffee, cocoa powder and milk and stir to dissolve the cocoa. Cover and chill.

When the ice cubes have frozen, transfer them to a kitchen towel and, using a hammer or mallet, crush the cubes. Fill 4 glasses with the crushed ice and divide the coffee-cocoa mixture evenly among them. Dust the top with cocoa powder and serve. Serves 4.
---------
Starbucks Coffee Frappe
From: Recipe Archives Source: "Starbucks Passion for Coffee"
18 -22 Ice cubes, crushed
7 ounces Double-strength coffee, chilled
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons flavored syrup of choice (vanilla, hazelnut, -raspberry or other)
Whipped cream, garnish

Place the ice, coffee, sugar and syrup in a blender. Blend until the frappe is smooth. Pour into a large, tall glass. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.
----------
Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino®
These are copycat recipes and not the actual propriety recipe that is property of Starbucks. They are approximations. For the real thing, visit your local Starbucks.

4 tablespoon chocolate syrup
4 tablespoon chocolate chips
4 cups double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee
Chopped or crushed ice
Whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate syrup (for drizzle, optional)

Fill blender half full with chopped or crushed ice. Add all ingredients (except whipped cream) and blend until thick and still icy. Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.

I haven't listened to it yet but... I have had the chocolate and it it one of the best drinks I've ever had. It's 100 x's better than reg. hot chocolate. Everyone should try it.

I tried to listen to the music but can't get it to work, darnit! I'm having a few computer problems though and am not tech minded to figure this stuff out. And...my printer is not working. :ermm: So have to figure that out also. I will just have to hand write these recipes and try them out very soon! I'm in need of some good drinks. :mrgreen:

LeeAnn... get in your car and come on over. I'll take you to our Starbucks and buy you a drink. Paul would love to see you!! So, would I. I miss you.

Aw, thank you Trish! I miss you too! Monica is done with school tomorrow and Maria on Monday. Yay! It will be nice to finally have another year done. :) We will plan a trip your way, it will be wonderful! Thanks again!

Did you know that one Starbucks Frapp has more calories that a super-sized Quarter Pounder extra value meal from Mickey D's??? Just some food for thought.

I didn't know that! Since we only go to McD's a couple times a year, and Starbucks only a few more than that, I think we are doing okay. :) But I'll remember that each time I drink one now, I'll have to split it with the kids!

Otter said:
Fortunately, I never got hooked on Starbucks. My Taster's Choice addiction is much less costly. :rolleyes:

Same here, Otter. I gave up coffee on a daily basis a long time ago. Once in a while though, this would make a nice treat to prepare at home, using low fat etc. ingredients (if you choose) & w/o a paying big "bucks."

Re the music - When I initially posted the thread in May, had no prob accessing the music page. Page may have changed since then. Try refreshing or clicking around the site. At the time there were some great tunes from Ray Charles, Aretha, Duke Ellington, Elton etc. & a light show on my puter screen.

Last edited:
Hey Mish, I'll try the music again. I love all those artists! I'm a very big fan of music, not too much I don't care for, not too crazy about a lot of the rap-crap though. Some is okay. It's very cute to see my kids trying to dance to that "music". :LOL:

I used to have a fairly large collection of great music, it dwindled through the years and I'm not sure where it went, I'm working on building it back up again - and more variety than Kids Bop and Nursery Rhymes. :rolleyes:

My kids have decided they love Starbucks Frappucino's, and they feel very sophisticated drinking them, so we'll make a couple more trips this summer!

i wonder what they use for the "orange" ingredient for Mocha Valencia, does anyone know?

Inexperienced blend-man here, and I've had some trouble mixing up the copycat Java Chip Frapp (The real frapps really put a dent in my wallet!). The only difference in the recipe for me was using cubed instead of crushed ice, for only cubed was available. The result was that the frapp doubled in volume when I blended it and developed a foamy head. It also had a tendency to separate - thick, icy blend to the top (below the foam) and chips to the bottom. What might I have done wrong, and how can I get it to blend into an even, thick, but not sno-cone-like, beverage?

By the way, apart from my failings, the recipe is great! The few sips that had the right texture tasted amazing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom