Stash tea - D/C faves!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I drink a LOT of tea. One of my go to favourites is Stash's White Christmas. When my stock started getting low I went online to order more and couldn't. In making enquiries, I discovered they've discontinued it and have no plans to bring it back...EVER.

Panic.

Amazon has some, I ordered it but it takes 3 MONTHS for delivery. Now I'm rationing. Why? Why do they do these things to us? Anyone else run into a favourite item becoming unavailable?

People are going to laugh and laugh and laugh... I still miss Kraft Spaghetti with Meat Sauce :cry: This is the one that came with the sauce already made in a can, not the one with powdered sauce in a packet.

I made it regularly for my sister and brother when I was a young teen. My mom worked and my dad was a high school teacher and swim coach, so I made dinner sometimes.

DH was in shock the first time I made it for him because, of course, his mom made spaghetti and lasagna, etc., from scratch with tips from the old Italian lady Mrs. Oro, who lived a couple doors over from them. I loved the stuff :(

Last edited:
Campbell's bought Franco American. FA also made a white creamy cheese sauce with macaroni. My family loved it! Campbell's discontinued it.

This item was great for a quick lunch in the summertime. Or for a TV snack late at night.

They also changed the recipe for the regular FA spaghetti. I used it all the time to make a quick American Chop Suey. My kids ate anything (except liver) that you put on their plate. So no more ACS in my home. But dang! I want that macaroni with the white cheese sauce.

I miss Smucker's Candied Dill Pickle spears, S&W Ripe and Ragged canned peaches, the ham salad that used to come in jars that was found in the dairy case, Old World Dutch Dill rye bread from Millbrook bakery and many, many other things. As I have gotten older I marvel at the vast selection in the grocery store and the fact that I can never find the products that I want.

Last edited:
As I have gotten older I marvel at the vast selection in the grocery store and the fact that I can never find the products that I want.

Yep, it's kind of like cable TV, 300 channels and nothing on that I want to watch.

CD

Why can't they leave the good stuff that we like, and still add more new stuff and see if it sells?

I know why. It is because someone made a casserole for the latest church supper and one person raved about it and told that person they should make it for the world! That knocked off a food that is tried and proven a good seller off the shelf.

I drink a LOT of tea. One of my go to favourites is Stash's White Christmas. When my stock started getting low I went online to order more and couldn't. In making enquiries, I discovered they've discontinued it and have no plans to bring it back...EVER.
Panic.
Amazon has some, I ordered it but it takes 3 MONTHS for delivery. Now I'm rationing. Why? Why do they do these things to us? Anyone else run into a favourite item becoming unavailable?

At Faneuil Hall in Boston, (a tourist trap) they had a stand that sold loose tea from all over the world. I owned a Large Brown Betty teapot and used to buy loose tea there all the time. Now I can't even find loose tea on my grocery store shelves. So I finally got rid of the pot. It even had a little lip inside to catch the loose tea leaves. I loved that tea pot. Tea bags just don't cut it when it comes to tea.

Last edited:
Basset changed their wine gums, it horrid, texture is wrong, taste waxy and the flavours are off. People pissed off, no one likes it and it bag of lies now a days.

Panic.

Alix...I can get it and it won't take three months. 100 count box for <$20 US. I could then send it to you. Watcha think?

I miss Smucker's Candied Dill Pickle spears, S&W Ripe and Ragged canned peaches, the ham salad that used to come in jars that was found in the dairy case, Old World Dutch Dill rye bread from Millbrook bakery and many, many other things. As I have gotten older I marvel at the vast selection in the grocery store and the fact that I can never find the products that I want.

I didn't know Smith and Wesson offered canned peaches.:ohmy::angel:

Panic.

I've just looked up Stash's White Christmas. My friends have had to administer smelling salts and brandy.

I'm an English woman. My family have got through 2 world wars, the Cuban missile crisis and several home moves on PROPER tea. Will I ever recover from the thought of Stash's White Christmas?

I shall have to go away now and lie down in a darkened room!

The product I miss because Birds Eye have discontinued it in the UK is small cartons of frozen concentrated orange juice. Not for drinking but I have Jane Grigson's "Pink's Carrot and Orange Soup" recipe which doesn't taste right with any other form of orange juice

Up until about 10 years ago I could get my favorite hot breakfast cereal, Ralston, at our local Kroger grocery store. It's been my all-time preferred hot cereal since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. Then, it just vanished from the shelves and I sort of forgot about it...until I had none and craved it.

Looked everywhere locally but no one carried it (nor knew what I was talking about) so I guessed I was out of luck.

Fortunately I located it on Amazon and at the Vermont Country Store, both places kinda pricey but I HAD to have some. This fall I broke down and bought 3 packages and, by now, I'm down to rationing it. I'm thinking I'd better buy some more and have it in reserve for an emergency. Who knows, it could be discontinued, then where would I be?

The first time I served Ralston's to my kids, they fell in love with it. I have seen it here and should pick up a small box just for myself. They also love Cream of Wheat. It was the first solid food for all my kids. Today, my store doesn't carry the kind you cook. Only the Instant packets. And they won't touch them. On a real cold winter's morning, I would make the whole box and the pot was empty by the time they were dressed and heading out the door to school.

Last Thursday I went shopping at the Market Basket. I needed to get a large can of the house brand of Crisco. They no longer make it. The girl even went upstairs to the manager's office to find out when they expected to get more in. He had to tell her the bad news so she could relate it to me. Dang! So Crisco it was. But I am not happy!!

Back
Top Bottom