"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
There was this smoothie place I used to love, the guy made every single one of his smoothies Non-Dairy, They were absolutely the best, I never tasted smoothies that werer that good before or after this place closed down. Unfortunately.
It's can be very difficult for a company that is doing something a little different, even if it is great, as people are often times afraid to try it out...

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I made my son a smoothie a few minutes ago. He is a college athlete and is trying to gain muscle and eat healthy. In my vita-mix I added a banana, some frozen strawberries, some raw flax seeds (golden), a scoop of whey protein powder (vanilla), some vanilla flavoring, medjool dates for sweetener (pitted), soymilk and ice cubes. He raved about it. It could also be made with water instead of soymilk and the protein powder could be omitted.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
This reminds me. I made some Jello instant pudding the other day, and decided to use rice milk. It never set, so I had it for desert in a glass. The next morning I was in a hurry, so what did I have for breakfast, unset butterscotch pudding, made with rice milk. Yummy...

Aad Sach Sing

- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Non dairy smoothies are not difficult - just use soy, almond or rice milk. Soy smoothies are splendid! And smoothies in general are so easy and fun. Seriously - just clean out the fridge and dump it in the blender! We're vegetarians, so I put a couple spoons of soy protein powder in ours too. Might be a bit chalky for some, but I actually like the thick consistency it gives a smoothie. Frozen berries are cheap and always available, and the idea of using OJ concentrate was genius.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #15
Senior Cook

One has to be careful when one is combining orange juice (I don't know if concentrates apply here, but I imagine they do), with milk, because it has a similar effect to making plastic. The difference... You stomach is the holding tank. - Take Care Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Breuer View Post
Non dairy smoothies are not difficult - just use soy, almond or rice milk. Soy smoothies are splendid! And smoothies in general are so easy and fun. Seriously - just clean out the fridge and dump it in the blender! We're vegetarians, so I put a couple spoons of soy protein powder in ours too. Might be a bit chalky for some, but I actually like the thick consistency it gives a smoothie. Frozen berries are cheap and always available, and the idea of using OJ concentrate was genius.

Aad Sach Sing