"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm both offended and interested in the term high tea, bolas, bein' the son of an engish educated irishman from a border (irish republic) county.

to this day my mom and dad (although they've actually requested mother surname and father surname on occasion) still have afternoon tea albeit all american style: chinese black tea with either danish butter cookies, lorna doones, or fig newtons.

doones rock with tea!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlicjosh View Post
yeah the thread has a main focus on black and im more of a green dude. I do love Bancha but I've already noticed a rise in it's price. Assam is like my fourth favorite. Right now I've been drinking a great deal of basic good quality Japanese pan and oolongs.
Well, if you go to this page, you'll find your choice opens and you may well find what you are looking for.
On my last experiment I tried some Darjeeling First Flush semi-green, but am not sure if I'd like to drink it on a daily basis.
Have you tried any flavoured green teas?
The Peppermint on a Gunpowder green is quite nice for a change.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to garlicjosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-cooking2 View Post
Well, if you go to this page, you'll find your choice opens and you may well find what you are looking for.
On my last experiment I tried some Darjeeling First Flush semi-green, but am not sure if I'd like to drink it on a daily basis.
Have you tried any flavored green teas?
The Peppermint on a Gunpowder green is quite nice for a change.

i actually have some peppermint and some pomegranate green right now. They really are a nice change. I saw some Darjeeling the other day and wasn't real sure on it.
and I get all my tea from this place
Old 04-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Everymom

garlicjosh, I drink a LOT of tea and I really enjoy Stash Tea's collections. You can buy loose leaf or in bags. I buy both as I have several workplaces and carrying all my tea paraphernalia is cumbersome. They have an extensive green, white and herbal tea selection. Fast shipping and EXCELLENT customer service.

I particularly enjoy the White Christmas tea. Its mint and ginger. Love it. Moroccan Mint is another fan favorite around here. Its green and mint tea.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

Here is another vote or Stash Tea's White Christmas. Alix introduced me to it a number of years ago. It is delicious!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i'm both offended and interested in the term high tea, bolas, bein' the son of an engish educated irishman from a border (irish republic) county.

to this day my mom and dad (although they've actually requested mother surname and father surname on occasion) still have afternoon tea albeit all american style: chinese black tea with either danish butter cookies, lorna doones, or fig newtons.

doones rock with tea!
Tom mate, the name High Tea according to the BBC is the "new" foodie meal over here, not to be confused with cream teas, high tea is both sweet and savory cream teas are usualy a scone with jam and clotted cream. Scottish High Tea is the best because it has little pancakes included.My wife comes from a country with similar troubles she likes the people on both sides of the border.
when I was a kid we used to have family hols in Donegal, I was 14 yrs old and loved to fish, my Dad let me stay on but I had to pay for my keep, my best mate was the son of the baker so I worked with him for his Dad. I never want to make or eat another Manchester Tart.
I was accepted by the "boys" a because my mates father was well "known" and my mate Seamus told them I was not a Brit I was a Welsh Jew.
Ps we were only given figgy newtons when we were bung up!