Tea recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garlicjosh

Senior Cook
I drink a lot of hot tea every week and basically, I'm just wondering what you guys dig in hope to find myself something new and exciting.

josh, check out harney and sons teas - harney.com, and teavana.com for some nice teas.

my faves are still harney's earl grey supreme, and teavana's lake tung ting oolong.

That thread is great for black tea, but there is a world of tea out there other than black.
Teavana is a good place to get started if you are new to tea. They are now in a lot of malls and are very accessible. I fund them to be very expensive though and while it looks like they have a large selection they really do not considering what is out there. For instance, try getting an oolong tea that that is not flavored. That will not be so easy. They do have a lot of good stuff there though so they are worth checking out.

My favorite place right now is Upton Tea. And my tea of choice there is their First Grade Tie-Guan-Yin China Oolong. I love it.

Another place to check is Adagio.com. They are very similar to Teavana, but slightly cheaper.

Tealuxe.com is a good site too. Their China Oolong Restaurant Style will make you feel like you are sitting in your favorite Chinese restaurant sipping away.

I drink a lot of hot tea every week and basically, I'm just wondering what you guys dig in hope to find myself something new and exciting.
I was just browsing the forum and came across your question.
I have found this web site useful and have used them for a good few years.
My breakfast tea is the High the blend, because we like Earl Grey but find it overpowering on its own, but this blend tones it down nicely.
During the day we drink Bancha green tea from Japan, but I suspect unless they do something quickly to stop any nuclear fall out we may well be forced to look elsewhere; mind you if it spreads as it was a week or so ago, with contamination in Oxfordshire being picked up, then the rest of the world will be equally effected.
Anyway, I hope I am allowed to let you have this address without upsetting the administrator.
This particular page was very helpful in narrowing the choices before ordering via the catalogue.
My aunts preferred Assam OP, large leaf teas and oddly none of our family like tea bags!

yeah the thread has a main focus on black and im more of a green dude. I do love Bancha but I've already noticed a rise in it's price. Assam is like my fourth favorite. Right now I've been drinking a great deal of basic good quality Japanese pan and oolongs.

I love Spring Jasmine, a mighty leaf tea. It is delicate, and slightly floral. It is my go to tea when I am stressed. I would make a cup, take it back to my desk and slowly take a few sips. I would savor the taste, the smell and the warmth. It was like a spa trip that took 5 min and no one knew I was gone.

i'm both offended and interested in the term high tea, bolas, bein' the son of an engish educated irishman from a border (irish republic) county.

to this day my mom and dad (although they've actually requested mother surname and father surname on occasion) still have afternoon tea albeit all american style: chinese black tea with either danish butter cookies, lorna doones, or fig newtons.

doones rock with tea!

Last edited:
yeah the thread has a main focus on black and im more of a green dude. I do love Bancha but I've already noticed a rise in it's price. Assam is like my fourth favorite. Right now I've been drinking a great deal of basic good quality Japanese pan and oolongs.
Well, if you go to this page, you'll find your choice opens and you may well find what you are looking for.
On my last experiment I tried some Darjeeling First Flush semi-green, but am not sure if I'd like to drink it on a daily basis.
Have you tried any flavoured green teas?
The Peppermint on a Gunpowder green is quite nice for a change.

Well, if you go to this page, you'll find your choice opens and you may well find what you are looking for.
On my last experiment I tried some Darjeeling First Flush semi-green, but am not sure if I'd like to drink it on a daily basis.
Have you tried any flavored green teas?
The Peppermint on a Gunpowder green is quite nice for a change.

i actually have some peppermint and some pomegranate green right now. They really are a nice change. I saw some Darjeeling the other day and wasn't real sure on it.
and I get all my tea from this place

Last edited:
garlicjosh, I drink a LOT of tea and I really enjoy Stash Tea's collections. You can buy loose leaf or in bags. I buy both as I have several workplaces and carrying all my tea paraphernalia is cumbersome. They have an extensive green, white and herbal tea selection. Fast shipping and EXCELLENT customer service.

I particularly enjoy the White Christmas tea. Its mint and ginger. Love it. Moroccan Mint is another fan favorite around here. Its green and mint tea.

Here is another vote or Stash Tea's White Christmas. Alix introduced me to it a number of years ago. It is delicious!

i'm both offended and interested in the term high tea, bolas, bein' the son of an engish educated irishman from a border (irish republic) county.

to this day my mom and dad (although they've actually requested mother surname and father surname on occasion) still have afternoon tea albeit all american style: chinese black tea with either danish butter cookies, lorna doones, or fig newtons.

doones rock with tea!
Tom mate, the name High Tea according to the BBC is the "new" foodie meal over here, not to be confused with cream teas, high tea is both sweet and savory cream teas are usualy a scone with jam and clotted cream. Scottish High Tea is the best because it has little pancakes included.My wife comes from a country with similar troubles she likes the people on both sides of the border.
when I was a kid we used to have family hols in Donegal, I was 14 yrs old and loved to fish, my Dad let me stay on but I had to pay for my keep, my best mate was the son of the baker so I worked with him for his Dad. I never want to make or eat another Manchester Tart.
I was accepted by the "boys" a because my mates father was well "known" and my mate Seamus told them I was not a Brit I was a Welsh Jew:LOL:.
Ps we were only given figgy newtons when we were bung up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom