Tea Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Twining's teas are good.

I always have the following in the cupboard

Earl Grey
Lady Grey
Lapsang Souchong
Breakfast
Assam

Celestial Seasonings!

That is the herbal tea brand I recommend. My favorites are Strawberry Kiwi, Chamomile, and Apple Spice. We drink tea every morning for breakfast.

Cameron

Like Ishbel, I'm a big fan of black tea. Earl Grey is delicious and so is Lady Grey. I like a tea called Monks blend, which is a black tea with hints of vanilla and grenadine. I drink loose tea, rather than tea bags but here are a couple links that have some descriptions of teas and how they taste. Find one that's appealing to you. Or just go browse in the tea isle, at a tea store, or Cost Plus if you have one around is a great place to find tea.
http://www.granvilletea.com/shop/
www.tealuxe.com
Republic of tea is mostly teabags but you can find it at Cost Plus, their vanilla almond is delicious:
http://www.republicoftea.com/index.asp
Twinings that Ishbel suggested:
http://www.twinings.com/en_int/index.asp
and Celestial Seasonings that Cameron suggested:
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/
Good luck!

Last edited:
I recommend loose leaf tea. You have never really tasted good tea till you start tasting loose leaf tea. Its a whole diffrent experiance, and remember there is a whole world of tea out there that dont live on your supermarket stores shelf.

I am a big fan of Stash teas. Very fresh tasting and a lot of variety. You can order over the internet if you can't find it in the store. Twinings Earl Grey is truly the only Earl Grey in my opinion though.

For fruity herbal teas London Fruit and Herb company teas are by far the best.

Hey Erik, welcome to the world of tea nuts. You will find pretty much any kind of tea to suit you out there. I love almost all tea, so I was pleased to see your post. Happy to share tea stories too.

You can't go past Twinings. My favourite it China Black, but I also like Orange Pekoe and English Breakfast. Occasionally I'll have a China Green. I keep Earl Grey on hand for a particular friend, and my DIL prefers Irish Breakfast.

I will not serve any other herbal tea besides Camellia sinensis as a beverage because I regard herbal teas as medicines - which, in fact, they are! I even limit myself to 2 cups of ordinary tea per day for the same reason. When it comes to herbs, there's always a down side as well as an up side, and it pays to be careful.

I don't like herbal teas at all.... I try to convince myself that they'll be good for me - but always seem to go back to Earl Grey or Lapsang souchong!

I never buy teabags, only loose leaf tea.

If you like loose leaf teas I recommend that you try Harney and Son's. I particularly like Cranberry Autumn Blend.

trans_1x1.gif
harneyteas_1874_1230979

[FONT=arial, helvetica]A blend that combines black teas from China and India with dried cranberries, oranges and cranberry flavoring. [/FONT]

and

trans_1x1.gif
harneyteas_1874_1092049

[FONT=arial, helvetica]One of our most popular teas is Hot Cinnamon. People just love the mixture of black teas, cinnamons, orange and sweet cloves.[/FONT]

They also have many other types of teas. I also like to drink jasmine or green teas.

Alix said:
I am a big fan of Stash teas. ...............

Most people smoke their stash Alix!!!:wacko: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A strong black tea brewed over an open fire.

Boil the Billy
Add required amount of tea
Cover and allow to brew for a couple of minutes (leave by the side of the fire).
Swing billy around three times to get the leave to sink
Serve sweet & black.

I'm not able to consume caffeine for medical reasons, so I stick to herbal teas, which is actually no problem as I've always loved them. Some of my top favourites are peppermint, fennel, ginger, licorice root (it's a mild anise flavour, not a ragging licorice taste), camomile and cinnamon :)

Something else that is good to try is adding about 1/4 teaspoon matcha to your favorite tea when brewing. It really deepens the flavor. And of course if you have never tried Japanese teas your really missing out.

Last edited:
Erik,
Let's talk tea! I love chamomile, tila and Yogi Tea’s organic Healing Formulas which can help ease and relax you. I like to take them when I'm getting ready to mellow out in the evening. Get a restful night’s sleep with Yogi Tea's Bedtime and stay anxiety-free with Yogi's Calming and let Kava Stress Relief quiet the body and mind. Some I take while I'm entertaining is Green tea which serves as an antioxidant and Cinnamon/Apple tea when serving dessert...for the ones who don't drink coffee. Enjoy your tea!

Back
Top Bottom