Tell me some favorite hot teas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noodlehead

Cook
that you like? I'm partial to Earl Grey lavender on this cold wintry afternoons but today I bought a nice Market Spice tea that has cinnamon and orange peels mixed in as well as a China chai that has cardamom, pepper, cinnamon ginger, Cloves in it, towarm a gal right up!

I love the taste of Licorice tea but it's not supposed to be good for you if you have high blood pressure. It's not caffeinated but I can't drink it before I sleep. I like Ginger tea too, made with fresh ginger. Earl Grey is lovely in the afternoon.

I know I'm lucky...My employer provides an endless variety of teas for it's employees. I think there are 30 or 40 boxes of tea, and loose teas, plus coffee types, hot chocolates, cider mixes, ice tea mixes, vitamin cold beverage mixes, low calorie, regular sugared drinks. It's really nice for us. If we really want to try something new, we just need to ask and they will pick it up for us. I am thankful. ~Bliss

Apple-cinnamon herbal tea brewed with a slice of fresh ginger and with a little honey added. Great if you're under the weather.

I have simple tastes. Earl Grey in the morning and early afternoon (that is, if I'm not in a coffee mood). Chamomile in the evening, to come down from all of the caffeine I consume during the day. Nothing added. The straight stuff.

I didn't know that licorice was bad for folks with high blood pressure. Thanks blissful, good to know.

I'm a teaholic. I drink it all the time. I go through cycles and I have several favorites on any one day.

Black - Market spice is lovely, its so flavorful I like it all alone. Earl Grey with cookies.
White - I LOVE Stash's White Christmas tea. Its a combo of mint, ginger and white tea. Its a delicate flavour but addictive.
Herbal - I love Moroccan Mint, Wintermint, (those are Stash label), and I love the London Fruit and Herb teas. Blackcurrant and raspberry are my two favorites there.

I'm not a big green tea fan unless I'm having sushi. LOL!!

Hi Breezy, how are you girl?

What kind of jasmine do you get? I have only been able to find green with jasmine lately. I had found one called Silver Jasmine or something like that and can't find it anymore.

Chai - I like my coffee but if I have tea I love to have a cup of Chai. It has to be made the traditional Indian way.

I make mine with some strong black loose leaf tea
I also always use a mortar and pestle to grind some cardamom (pods and all), 1/2 tsp of anise seeds (we call is saunf), a tiny peice of cinnamon
I also add some freshly grated ginger to this

After the tea boils a bit with the water and loose leaf tea and spices, I add sugar and then finish it with the secret ingredient which is evaporated milk and cook it another minute. It gives it the authentic chai taste as if it has been boiling for a long time that you can only get in India at your local chai shops.

The only other tea I like when I have a cold is green tea. Again in loose leaf form. I boil water, shut it add the green leaf, cardamom, lemon juice and viola it's very good and light and soothing.

A cafe just opened up near my house and they have different flavors of teas, some of which I have never heard of. It is loose tea that they will put in a bag for you. Cool. Can't wait to try it.

Here are my current favorites:

Peet's Tea - Jasmine Fancy. This tea has nice floral aroma.

Good Earth - Super Green Tea . I just tried this tea this week for the first time. I like other Good Earth Teas and this one is also very good. Good Earth - Good Night is a nice relaxing tea to drink in the evening. It is caffeine free.

Numi - White Orange Spice (I had a cup of this tea this afternoon) or Jasmine Green.

Hey SierraCook, how are things with you? Where do you get that Jasmine tea? Isn't Peets a coffee house?

Back
Top Bottom