The best coffee capsules?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappuccinochic

Assistant Cook
Hey guys,

I have decided i have had enough of instant coffee and so off to buy a machine this week so i can treat myself to espresso's, lattes etc for breakfast! :chef:

I was wondering which coffee capsules taste best in your opinion? I like a rich flavour...

Senso/Nespresso/Caffè Cagliari/Illy/Nescafe etc...

Thanks.

I have a Nespresso. I have not tasted the others so I can't offer a comparison, but I love the Nespresso coffee. They very obviously put flavor highest on their list of what is important. The price of the machines are reasonable considering a professional model that would do the same thing costs thousands for a good one. The coffee itself is a bit on the pricy side, but worth it IMO.

A lot of my friends have mentioned Nespresso i did hear that you can buy other capsules that are compatible with the machines for times when you are on a budget; However there is nothing worse than a bad cup of coffee! I will have to look into it.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

For a little more info, I just drink the coffee black or sometimes with sugar, but for those who like the steamed milk, the Nespresso milk steamer you can get (comes with some of their machines or can be purchased separately for those it does not come with) is amazing. It is whisper quiet, very quick, and could not be easier to clean.

Not only came youuse cheaper capsules if you want, but you can also get a "fill your own" capsule and put any coffee you like in it. I have never bothered as I think their coffee is great to begin with and like you, cappuccinochic, I think a bad cup of coffee is one of the worst things there could be.

If you have not bought your machine yet, why don't you have a look at the ESE pods machines? In my opinion they make an superior to the capsules.
Regarding the nespresso compatible I can assure you that there are some which are way better than the nespresso themselves!

I hear it is awesome. We have keurig, nothing special.
I like good and simple. I do have an electric filter machine but when I'm making coffee just for myself I use a glass cafetiere with the water just off the boil. No milk but sometimes Demerara sugar. Just as I like it.

When I lived in Bakewell in Derbyshire 30 years ago the local "High Class" grocer (they called themselves that way back when and Skidmores was indeed a high class establishment, selling anything from tined sardines to beluga caviar) used to supply his own blend of coffee, called the Chatsworth Blend as it was supplied to nearby Chatsworth House (A palatial mansion that was supposed to have inspired Jane Austen's description of Pemberley). Sadly the grocer retired/died and the shop and the recipe for the Chatsworth blend are long gone.

I treat myself to lattes, espressos, etc. for breakfast every morning. I have an espresso machine. I don't want a machine that uses pods. We don't need all those empty pods in the landfill.

Back
Top Bottom