Two if by Tea - good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
My friend (a liberal) received a shipment of Rush Limbaugh's Two if by Tea drinks from her BIL (a conservative). Gave her a good laugh. She was going to give it all away but found she really liked it. Knowing DH is a big Rush fan, she graciously shared 4 bottles with us. It is really good tea! So far I've only tried the Raspberry and have a peach waiting in the fridge. It's not really very sweet and the raspberry flavor is very light, not overpowering like other fruit teas. All the proceeds go to charity. I may just have to order some more!

So even if Rush gives you the willies or makes you want to scream and tear your hair out, give his tea a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.

I listen to him because DH does. He makes a point and usually has good insights into situations but his delivery can be rather bombastic which puts a lot of people off. I try to keep politics out of my posts because it can cause so many hard feelings.

But no matter what you think of the man, he offers a good product and the charity supports the children of Marines and Federal agents killed in action. How can you not support that?

I remember many moons ago and he was hawking Snapple, when it first came on the market. For some unknown reason, he seems to have a thing about tea.
I really like Snapple Peach Ice Tea. Is it a lot different from Snapple?

Last edited:
I don't drink Snapple so I can't compare. Guess I ought to! Two things I like is it is made with real sugar and not HFCS and it is not super sweet.

I'm so glad you tried the tea and posted this. I don't like really sweet tea, but if it is just a little sweet I may try it. I did go to the web site one time, but didn't order any because there was no unsweetened. I may have to try the raspberry tea if it is mildly sweet.

imo, the guy makes a living in fear mongering and yellow journalism (but then again that's a norm for the day. gone are the days of edward murrow or walter kronkite), but if the tea he promotes is not overly sweet, and proceeds go to good causes, why not? :)

i also like peach snapple, but have to cut it 2 to 1 with water to make it drinkable.

Last edited:
I had the peach tea and it was even better than the raspberry! True peach flavor. It tasted a bit sweeter but I think that's just because peaches are naturally more sweet than raspberries. Calories wise they were the same. I just ordered some more peach and am going to try the blueberry. Should be here this week.

Can we pretty PLEASE steer away from the political commentary!? Sheesh! It's always just a matter of time before it ends up getting the thread shut down. I mean, come on, don't we all get enough of that crap on TV and the internet as is? I'd like to think DC is one of the few places where I can go to get away from it.

Last edited:
This thread is supposed to be about the product and not Rush. No matter what you may think of him and his political commentary, the product is good and the profits go to a worthy cause. I am not promoting his political viewpoint just his tea!

Can we pretty PLEASE steer away from the political commentary!? Sheesh! It's always just a matter of time before it ends up getting the thread shut down. I mean, come on, don't we all get enough of that crap on TV and the internet as is? I'd like to think DC is one of the few places where I can go to get away from it.

Thank you, Steve!

This thread has been cleansed of politics.

jabbur said:
I had the peach tea and it was even better than the raspberry! True peach flavor. It tasted a bit sweeter but I think that's just because peaches are naturally more sweet than raspberries. Calories wise they were the same. I just ordered some more peach and am going to try the blueberry. Should be here this week.

They have blueberry tea???!!! I really need to try this tea now.

I went to this website today. They do have an unsweetened version now, and other new flavors. I will need to have some now.

Bumping this because I just ordered more today. I got the diet raspberry and the diet peach. I liked the unsweetened that I got, but not as well as just brewing my own. I also tried all of the diet a while back. I think the raspberry is my favorite. Yum! I can't wait for it to arrive! :yum: really good tea, and nice to have the proceeds go to a good cause. :)

... I got the diet raspberry and the diet peach. I liked the unsweetened that I got,but not as well as just brewing my own....

DingDingDing! We have a winner! :) The best way to get the taste you want is to brew your own. The hard part is finding the right tea (bags or bulk) that you like to start with. I like Bigelow's flavored teas because they are strong enough to brew two cups from one bag. That way when you add cubes the flavor is still there. If you like a little sweetener (I drink my iced tea straight, no sugar) you can add whatever kind you take due to dietary needs. My BIL likes the old Pink Bag stuff because he says it dissolves best in cold liquids.

Then again, my way doesn't support a noble charity...

Last edited:
lol about tea being noble. not in an historical/humanitarian sense.

i can't stand sweetened tea. nor tea with dairy. i love astringent, full flavoured teas.

unlike my dad and irish grandmother. they drink hot milk with a bit of tea added almost for colour.

i even made some plain, unsweetened iced earl grey last week.

jean luc pitard would have farted in disapproval.

ok, i like diet snapple peach iced tea, but only cut in half with water.

Last edited:
lol about tea being noble. not in an historical/humanitarian sense.

i can't stand sweetened tea. nor tea with dairy. i love astringent, full flavoured teas.

unlike my dad and irish grandmother. they drink hot milk with a bit of tea added almost for colour.

i even made some plain, unsweetened iced earl grey last week.

jean luc pitard would have farted in disapproval.

ok, i like diet snapple peach iced tea, but only cut in half with water.
Never tried any of the tea in a can or bottle products...I am very fond of unsweetened Earl Grey. Does any company produce Earl Grey in a can or bottle?
....on 2nd thought, I ain't sure if Earl Grey would be good cold.

i've never seen bottled cold earl grey, but i made some at home (brewed hot then chilled) and it was good. the bergamot was all the sweetening it needed.

Bumping this because I just ordered more today. I got the diet raspberry and the diet peach. I liked the unsweetened that I got, but not as well as just brewing my own. I also tried all of the diet a while back. I think the raspberry is my favorite. Yum! I can't wait for it to arrive! :yum: really good tea, and nice to have the proceeds go to a good cause. :)

Did the $5000.00 +++ give away have anything to do with this recent purchase?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom