Vitamin water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
What do you think of the Vitamin Water ? Do you think it is worth buying ?
I don't like plain water, we have well water, and it has no taste. I need to drink more water . :ermm:

What do you think of the Vitamin Water ? Do you think it is worth buying ?
I don't like plain water, we have well water, and it has no taste. I need to drink more water . :ermm:

The HowStuffWorks site concludes that it's not worth the calories: Howstuffworks "How Vitaminwater Works" It has a lot of sugar in it.

The recommended amount of water people should ingest in a day includes all liquids - coffee, milk, juice, etc. If you don't like plain water, add lemon or lime juice or some flavoring you like. HTH.

I buy most things unadulterated. If I want water and vitamins, I take both. If I pay for one, I don't want the other.
If I want Pepsi with lemon, I want to add my own lemon.
I make my own iced tea, lemonade, etc.
I have enough time and enough desire to pay better attention to these things than perhaps someone with children, or 70 hour work week.
But for those who have to, I don't see why not. Are the dosages a false sense of security though? Do you know what daily requirements for you are? Are you getting more than you need and paying more for it and just (excuse me) peeing them out.

As I understand it, also: the FDA doesn't quantify vitamins.
Are they top quality? Natural? From a reliable source, as in USA - or some 3rd world country with chemicals, etc added?
Now you have me thinking about something I never worried about before. IIIEEEE!!!

Last edited:
I like some flavors very much. Blueberry Pomegranite and Apple Raspberry.

But I drink a lot of Smar****er whan I play tennis, which is made by the same people, basically electrolyte-enhanced plain water. Target runs sales of it quite often.

I buy most things unadulterated. If I want water and vitamins, I take both. If I pay for one, I don't want the other.
If I want Pepsi with lemon, I want to add my own lemon.
I make my own iced tea, lemonade, etc.
I have enough time and enough desire to pay better attention to these things than perhaps someone with children, or 70 hour work week.
But for those who have to, I don't see why not. Are the dosages a false sense of security though? Do you know what daily requirements for you are? Are you getting more than you need and paying more for it and just (excuse me) peeing them out.

As I understand it, also: the FDA doesn't quantify vitamins.
Are they top quality? Natural? From a reliable source, as in USA - or some 3rd world country with chemicals, etc added?
Now you have me thinking about something I never worried about before. IIIEEEE!!!

Thanks for your input.

I find it's very easy to get at least my daily requirement this way, too :LOL:

Don't forget yeast! :)

I stopped drinking sodas, Gatorade and all that crap ages ago. I drink seltzer and I add a squeeze of lemon or lime. Delice!

My 15 year old daughter has not had a cavity in years - I started buying this water for her to drink during dance practices - last dentist visit she had four cavities - I'm not saying that the water DID cause the cavities but it very well MIGHT have - no more vitamin water for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom