What is your Favorite Hot Beverage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About two or three months ago, we ran out of half and half for our coffee. Pirate can drink his coffee black, but I just can't. So I switched over to Tetley's "British Blend" and never went back to coffee. Just a half tsp. of sugar and no milk. I have only tried coffee once since that occasion and had todump it.

As far as what I like the most, Probably hot chocolate with as much whipped cream as you can squirt on top without it falling over.

Tea ( usually Oolong) is second, but I drink it more frequently than hot chocolate.

On occasion, hot apple cider ( but I prefer it cold, especially after its freshly squeezed)

I never liked coffee and never will. Its one of those flavors I just dont get. I watch my wife enjoy it. so much, every day. While watching her, i feel like I'm missing out on something. So, like once a year ( while watching her enjoy it ), I ask if I can take a sip, just to see what Im missing out on. Every single time I grimace, make a face like someone would after eating a lemon, then complain how its bitter and I cant understand how people like it so much.

Lyd, some of the members of a deep sea fishing forum I belong to swear by ginger tea to reduce seasickness on really rough days.
Bucky T, ginger has been used for a long time to battle nausea naturally. It is used for morning sickness and I was told when I was first diagnosed with asthma that I shouldn't have Gravol. My dad was told the same thing with his COPD (don't know the reason, but I never risked it) So, the Gravol company has come out with natural ginger chews...I will stick with my tea though!

Hot Ovaltine, malted chocolate, followed bt this - my own Death by Chocolate hot beverage. Ingredients:
6 oz. Bar Lindt 70% dark chocolate bar, 6 oz. Cadbury Milk Chocolate, fill the mug the rest of the way with Half & Half. Add a wee bit of hazlenut creamer. Heat and stir until silky smooth. Enjoy. Anothr favorite is hot, home made egg nog. And I used to enjoy hot chocolate made with Hershey's cocoa powder.

I don't drink cofee, but love the aroma.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I never liked coffee and never will. Its one of those flavors I just dont get. I watch my wife enjoy it. so much, every day. While watching her, i feel like I'm missing out on something. So, like once a year ( while watching her enjoy it ), I ask if I can take a sip, just to see what Im missing out on. Every single time I grimace, make a face like someone would after eating a lemon, then complain how its bitter and I cant understand how people like it so much.

Since it is unlikely your wife is going to change coffee methods, the next time you're tempted to experiment I suggest you try a cup from a good coffee shop, brewed with a pour-over method from lightly roasted beans, maybe from Central American and more the color of milk chocolate or even peanut butter than dark chocolate. Maybe you still won't like it, but maybe you will.

Since it is unlikely your wife is going to change coffee methods, the next time you're tempted to experiment I suggest you try a cup from a good coffee shop, brewed with a pour-over method from lightly roasted beans, maybe from Central American and more the color of milk chocolate or even peanut butter than dark chocolate. Maybe you still won't like it, but maybe you will.

I agree with skilletlicker. Lightly roasted beans are far less bitter.

When I moved to Montreal from Copenhagen, I made "Melitta coffee", a pour over method. I bought my coffee beans from a specialty coffee store. I would by 1/4 lb bags of various coffees to try out. I could not find a nice coffee. One day I explained to the owner, that when I bought coffee in Copenhagen, I just used to ask for, "good everyday coffee" or "nice coffee for guests, not too expensive" or "some really, really nice coffee", and that's what I would get. The owner replied, "Northern Europe, you want light roast." Yup, that was the problem. The coffee was too roasted for my taste.

BTW, Starbucks burns their coffee beans. They now carry something they call "light roast", but I would call it "medium roast, on the darker side".

A really good hot chocolate would be my favorite, but that would be more of a dessert. I'm a tea person - living on iced tea, even in the winter, but my favorite hot tea is a good oolong, with a bit of honey in it. Darjeeling is my second favorite hot tea. Coffee was never a favorite of mine (unless combined with chocolate!). In fact, I never even had a coffee pot (only a French press) until a lady I met was a coffee addict, and I had to get one! The only way I would drink it was very sweet, with heavy cream - basically, a dessert.

I continue to enjoy my two cups of Keurig coffee with cream each morning. I'm not a fan of hot tea, but like Dave, I drink ice tea all day long. Once in a while I enjoy a mug of Camomile tea in the evening.
As I mentioned on this thread this time last year, a hot cup of store bought eggnog cut in half with low fat milk is a real treat with fresh nutmeg on top. Yummm...

I probably drink more Constant Comment tea than any other hot beverage.

When we were still dating a long time ago or maybe just married a friend's mother invited us over for tea and that's what she served. New to both of us. I still like it. A lot.

2ndly a good, I mean Good, cup of coffee and also chamomile tea. Haven't had chamomile lately though.

Ohhhh, memories of my mother with her Constant Comment tea Whiska. She just loved it and when I close my eyes I can picture that dear lady sitting at the window with the sweet smell of the CC tea in one of her beautiful tea cups...never a mug.

Back
Top Bottom