What is your Favorite Hot Beverage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
even now when `i go to `krogers which has a Starbucks `i will order a decaf coffee with an espresso shot of caffeine.......`i feel so guilty but then `i get the buzz about 10 minutes later and it is so worth it!!!!

My favorite is Cocoa from scratch. Or maybe dark roast coffee w/ half and half...
or maybe mint tea,
no... maybe Lapsang souchong
wait.. can I change my mind?

I love impending cooler weather and hot beverages. Here's my favorite cup:

cup.jpg

I'm sure.

For two plus days now I have been on a tea kick. Bigelow's English Tea Time. Black with some sugar. I am sure I will run out before my next shopping foray. So then back to coffee. :angel:

I usually drink black tea from Murphy's or peppermint tea.

For a treat, I like hot cocoa made with unsweetened almond milk. I add sugar as needed. And a dollop of Frangelico for the hazelnut flavour.

The trick to making hot cocoa that is smooth is to first put a few tablespoons of milk in a mug and heat until hot. Then add top quality cocoa powder and make a paste. Stir with fork until smooth. Then add milk, more cocoa, sugar - whatever you like.

Voila! No lumps :)

Last edited:
I don’t generally like hot beverages, except during our very short but cold winter. Yes folks, the desert gets cold. Very cold! Deserts are dry, but not necessarily hot, as I’ve told so many tourists when I worked at a Strip hotel!

Anyway, when I’d like something hot to drink, dark roast coffee with hazelnut syrup and half-and-half satisfies my taste buds, and gives me a jump-start to the day. I’ll take a nice hot cup or bowl of soup in lieu of a hot beverage though, if it’s brunch, lunch, dinner, or dim sum.

I've never been a coffee drinker since my much older brother used to hold me down in the mornings and breathe morning/coffee breath in my face when I was a kid. :sick:
So, tea or hot chocolate were the only hot drinks that I've ever enjoyed.

I love all kinds of tea except many chai teas (aka sticks and rocks tea), but to me, the flavor of cooking spices in beverages is offputting.

I love very astringent teas, and grassy greens, and fragrant types like a good Earl Grey, or the first harvest Oolongs.

Last edited:
I always have two cups of morning coffee with cream but I picked up my first quart of holiday eggnog at the grocery. I don't like it so thick, so I always dilute it by half with with nonfat milk. Hot in a mug with or without libation and fresh nutmeg grated on top is a dreamy bedtime treat.
:sleep:

Last edited:
I've started putting a tablespoon of cinnamon in with the coffee grounds before brewing. Very tasty and adds a sweet note to the coffee. Then heavy cream, wonderful.

I've started putting a tablespoon of cinnamon in with the coffee grounds before brewing. Very tasty and adds a sweet note to the coffee. Then heavy cream, wonderful.
I love that, but DH makes the coffee and he doesn't like flavored ones :(

One of DH's teachers makes hot buttered rum in the winter. I should ask her for the recipe...

I love that, but DH makes the coffee and he doesn't like flavored ones :(

One of DH's teachers makes hot buttered rum in the winter. I should ask her for the recipe...

I wonder if stirring with a cinnamon stick would give you the flavor note...

Since I retired a couple years ago, I drink very little coffee. I think I used to pour cup after cup at work, have a few sips, dump when it got cold and refill.

I like Earl grey tea and esp like Bigelow's Constant comment.

Not quite off subject-- I went to Walmart, where I seldom shop. Bought a box of Luzianne tea for making ice tea. Can't find this brand anywhere else around here.

My morning (well, early afternoon since I don't "do" mornings :LOL: ) starts with a cup or two of Red Rose tea with a bit of sugar and a nice pour of my half-and-half and half. 2% isn't creamy enough, but half-and-half is too rich. I mix them 50/50 in a small creamer - it lasts me a day or two before I blend again. After my taste buds wake up, I have a cup or two of coffee - black if I'm staying at home, but with full half-and-half if I'm taking a travel mug. I can't drink black coffee cold, but adding cream makes a cold cup seem like a room-temp iced latte. :LOL:

Sometimes I skip the coffee and have different teas. Constant Comment has been a favorite since 1969. I also have a selection of Harney teas. I really, really like their "Bangkok" green tea. :yum:

I always have two cups of morning coffee with cream but I picked up my first quart of holiday eggnog at the grocery...
Have you ever added eggnog to your coffee instead of cream? *swoon* It's so yummy! :yum:

Right now my favourite hot beverage is thyme & ginger tea.

I use fresh thyme from my balcony and chop up some fresh ginger. It is helping my cold/bronchitis and my inflamed joints.

It tastes good too.

Lyd, some of the members of a deep sea fishing forum I belong to swear by ginger tea to reduce sea sickness on really rough days.

My most recent tea craving is something from Teavana called Youthberry tea. I suppose it made from real youths. I don't care; it's good.

Another purchase yesterday for stocking stuffers was Gyokuro Green tea, and Monkey Picked Oolong.

The latter sounds funny, but at least nothing was pooped out, like that expensive coffee.

Back
Top Bottom