What is your Favorite Hot Beverage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the rare occasions the temps here get below 55 F, I like hot cocoa, the original recipe from the can of Hershey's cocoa.

Coffee, with half and half, a bit of Kahlua and brandy. Only on Sundays though.

I have few hot stuff I like, a cup of char every morning and night, sure it is lovely. For special occasion mulled cider, Mexican hot chocolate and at Christmas time, a small cup of glögg, Swedish glüwine. When I am ill I do want a cup of hot blueberry soup or rosehip soup.

Darn, I forgot about colada, expresso and Irish coffee.;) After several of any of these, just call me Harvey Wallbanger.

Last edited:
Darn, I forgot about colada, expresso and Irish coffee.;) After several of any of these, just call me Harvey Wallbanger.

When I was a bartender at a big restaurant a few eons ago, we had a whole repertoire of specialty coffee drinks: Keoki, Mexican, Irish, and several more I can't recall. All delicious, but lethal.

Last edited:
Swedish coffee! well I cant drink Coffee anymore but yeah Swedish coffee is ace and Kaffegök / Coffee coo coo is the best. There two schools on it and I give you both.

Take 1 coffe cup, not mug. Place a lump of sugar in the bottom and here is where the two schools differ. Pour vodka or moon shine until you reach the lump of sugar and then add coffee or Pour in coffee until you cover the lump of sugar and then add vodka or moonshine until you see the lump of sugar again.

On the rare occasions the temps here get below 55 F, I like hot cocoa, the original recipe from the can of Hershey's cocoa.

My mother made me a cup every morning before heading out to school. She used evaporated milk. Made it so rich. :angel:

No cream, no sugar, just a steaming cup of Chock full o' Nuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHGuv_-DFA

Did you know that the jingle has changed over the years. The original jingle was "Better coffee Rockefeller’s money can’t buy..." Nelson Rockefeller sued Chock full o' Nuts and the jingle was changed to millionaire. Now due to inflation the jingle has been updated to billionaire!

I had an aunt that used to smile and hum the jingle every morning when she made a pot of coffee, trust me she knew it was true! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
No cream, no sugar, just a steaming cup of Chock full o' Nuts!

Did you know that the jingle has changed over the years. The original jingle was "Better coffee Rockefeller’s money can’t buy..." Nelson Rockefeller sued Chock full o' Nuts and the jingle was changed to millionaire. Now due to inflation the jingle has been updated to billionaire!

I had an aunt that used to smile and hum the jingle every morning when she made a pot of coffee, trust me she knew it was true! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

They used that coffee in an office I worked in. Every time I made a pot, I would start humming the tune. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot apple cider. I could drink that year round.

`years ago `i fell in love with hot apple cider that Starbucks sold during the holidays........daughter was playing lacrosse and it was cold as you know what.......Texas A&M........the prairies.....no protection from the wind......and this mom had had enough of rooting from the sidelines and suffering :D:ROFLMAO:stiffening limbs.......so during a break a couple of us moms went to starbucks and warmed up with their cider.....it was to die for........

`i love coffee, too......when in Greece years ago `i was introduced to ordering regular coffee with an addition of `'espresso`;.......talk about great......after the 3rd cup, the Greek waitress who looked just like Sandra Bullock and yes, had been told many times that she looked like her, warned me that the hotel had sent a few patrons to the hospital with too many cups of espresso...........sooooooooooooo `i listened

espresso, has more flavor then regular coffee but not caffeine. Unless you compere with MCdonald coffee.

Back
Top Bottom