"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 08-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #101
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
Maybe it was because you started your post with something negative about the topic. You could have just as easily stated you prefer the Knudsen's sparkling fruit juice for health reasons (lack of added sugar, real or fake).
Just a thought...
You are probably right, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments about my preferences as this was merely my opinion which I guess I shouldn't have given. Sometimes it is better to say nothing I guess..and that can work both ways. I have since been told that Knudsen's isn't soda or pop so I'd better not say anything further.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #102
Head Chef

you don't need to go to extremes...

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #103
Senior Cook

Does anyone recall the Coca Cola Soda Chests - the ones where the long neck sodas cooled in a pool of refrigerated water and were lined up in slots between metal tracks. After depositing your dime, you had to slide the soda along the slot to the corner mechanical dispenser gate, and you always held your breath until you had pulled your dripping wet soda free of the flapper-gate, which occasionally stuck and caused your dime to be "eaten." You'd then have to appeal to a middle aged gentleman who nearly always wore a green canvas apron and glasses. He'd usually look over the top of the glasses at you as if to judge your honesty, and then silently hand you a new dime. - Ah... it was so much better than today - and no $1.50 - $2.00 cans of soda!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #104
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoZee View Post
You are probably right, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments about my preferences as this was merely my opinion which I guess I shouldn't have given. Sometimes it is better to say nothing I guess..and that can work both ways. I have since been told that Knudsen's isn't soda or pop so I'd better not say anything further.

It wasn't your preference that offended people, it was your insults to sugar loving soda-pop drinkers in general that offended people and non soda-pop answer. I get the feeling you are new to discussion forums ...

Quote:
Does anyone recall the Coca Cola Soda Chests - the ones where the long neck sodas cooled in a pool of refrigerated water and were lined up in slots between metal tracks. After depositing your dime, you had to slide the soda along the slot to the corner mechanical dispenser gate, and you always held your breath until you had pulled your dripping wet soda free of the flapper-gate, which occasionally stuck and caused your dime to be "eaten." You'd then have to appeal to a middle aged gentleman who nearly always wore a green canvas apron and glasses. He'd usually look over the top of the glasses at you as if to judge your honesty, and then silently hand you a new dime. - Ah... it was so much better than today - and no $1.50 - $2.00 cans of soda!

Yes I do! I loved those things!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #105
Head Chef

yes! When I was young, my dad belonged to a gun club. They had one of those.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #106
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
yes! When I was young, my dad belonged to a gun club. They had one of those.

One of the places that had one when I was a kid was called the "Fish and Game" which is kinda like a hunting club that my grandfather belonged to. The whole place was wood, like a log cabin, and old .. very rustic, great memories there.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #107
Senior Cook

[quote=Wyogal;843526]you don't need to go to extremes...[/quote

nuf sed eh!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #108
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I think he is talking about Cream Soda chefkathleen. Cream soda is one of my favorites with Dr. Brown's being my absolute favorite brand.
Yes! Cream soda, strawberry soda, and rootbeer are my top 3 favorite sodas. Dr. Brown's is good, but IBC is probably my favorite brand for cream.

If you haven't had cream soda before, you are missing out.

Cream soda float(replace rootbeer with cream soda) is also amazing!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #109
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
a Now they have YooHoo.
absolutely love yoohoo!! Althought I don't count it as a soda....I do make sure to pick one up whenever i'm on a long trip and stop for gas
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #110
Senior Cook

I have never heard of yoohoo, what is it?