"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #141
Master Chef

I bought it at my local Harris Teeter grocery store in the section where they have the high-end sodas. Comes in a 6-pack of small tear-drop-shaped bottles. And no, it's not lemon & lime - just lemon. San Pellegrino is an Italian company & "Limonata" is Italian for "lemonade".

At the same time I also picked up a single bottle of "New York Chocolate Egg Cream Soda", but haven't tried it yet.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #142
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
I bought it at my local Harris Teeter grocery store in the section where they have the high-end sodas. Comes in a 6-pack of small tear-drop-shaped bottles. And no, it's not lemon & lime - just lemon. San Pellegrino is an Italian company & "Limonata" is Italian for "lemonade".

At the same time I also picked up a single bottle of "New York Chocolate Egg Cream Soda", but haven't tried it yet.
there is nothing like a fresh NY egg cream made with Fox's Ubet chocolate syrup, served in a frosted mug. YUMMY!!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #143
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Fizzy Lizzie, almost any flavor, but best of all is tangerine.

It has no corn syrup or chemicals in it.

I never knew Iced Tea was a "soda!"
Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #144
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
Diet root beer or diet cream soda. Does anyone remember "A&W" Restaurants selling root beers of all sizes plus a couple of types of hotdogs etc. A "Huge Ice Cold Root Beer" in the middle of the summers heat.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #145
Master Chef

I don't recall it being an "A&W", but one of my fondest family vacation memories as a child was one year when we were traveling through either upper NY, NJ, or PA state & stopped at a large "mom & pop" type roadside stand nestled in front of a large dairy farm that sold hot dogs, burgers, & your choice of ice cold root beer OR ice cold fresh buttermilk (with gobs of butter still floating in it), served in large ice-cold frosted thick glass mugs. You ate in your car & everyone was on the honor system to return those lovely thick glass mugs before leaving. The buttermilk was FABULOUS!! Ahh - those were the days. . . .
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #146
Sous Chef

I remember A&W rootbeer stands from when I was a kid. They sold rootbeer in frosted mugs as well. And hotdogs in a basket, curbside. Wow that dates me. But the rootbeer hasn't tasted the same since. LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #147
Senior Cook

Mmmm, root beer floats.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #148
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
I remember A&W rootbeer stands from when I was a kid. They sold rootbeer in frosted mugs as well. And hotdogs in a basket, curbside. Wow that dates me. But the rootbeer hasn't tasted the same since. LOL
There are still a few A&W Root Beer stands here in Arkansas - not many, but a few.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #149
Sous Chef

Ok. Be right over.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #150
Traveling Welcome Wagon

It's funny--before I was diagnosed with diabetes, I loved Pepsi and didn't really like Coke as much. Since then, I only drink diet, and I love Diet Coke and I don't care as much for Diet Pepsi. Of the Diet Pepsi products, I do like the Diet Wild Cherry, but I can't find it in many places.

I love rootbeer, especially Diet A&W. Someone mentioned Stewart's. I know you can get it in bottles at Cracker Barrel.

I have always loved cream soda, but it is hard to find around here in diet. I love Diet Squirt now and then.

Mostly I drink iced tea (prefer it with sugar but drink it with store brand Splenda) or water, but I do enjoy pop once in awhile. It is a must when eating pizza!

Barbara