What's your favorite soda/pop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grew up a Coca-Cola fiend, and I had it bad too. My mother moved us around a lot, depending on the guy she was dating at the time. And one guy we lived with for 4 (a record for us) years when I was 10-14 put me on a 1 Coke-a-day regime. He'd buy an 8 pack of the old tall recyclable bottles in a carton and they'd better last all week.

But when I was an exercise freak in the 90's, I went diet-everything. Diet Coke was a staple, but no more than one a day since even diet soda isn't good for you. Then when Coke Zero came out ... I was in heaven :) When I moved to Texas, everyone was all about DR. Pepper, I guess since it was invented here. So now I'll bounce back and forth between the two, Diet DP when I want a stronger flavor, and CZ for a smoother taste.

When I was a kid, I liked Orange and Grape Crush too, they really woke your mouth up ;)

Just tried a local root beer from here in St Louis and really like it. Fitz's Root Beer. I don't think sold in any other location that I am aware of.

With 12-14 tsps. of sugar in regular soda and all that chemical fake sugar in diet sodas I avoid both. If I want a soda pop I got to the health food store and pick up a six pack of Knudsons Spritzers. No sugar, no chemicals, no additives, just fruit juice and seltzer and I feel satisfied knowing that I am having my soda and drinking it too. You ought to try this stuff, they have a zillion flavours and they are all GOOD for you!

that wasn't the point of the question. I think we are all aware of the content of soda, but sometimes a person wants to drink it anyway.
pretty sure we are all guilty of consuming things that are not good for us...

and nothing beats a good cherry limeade.

that wasn't the point of the question. I think we are all aware of the content of soda, but sometimes a person wants to drink it anyway.

Exactly, the OP is "What's your favorite soda/pop" and not "You should drink healthy, so what is your favorite health drink?". If you don't like soda/pop ... you should remain silent and don't lecture those that do. It's called staying on topic.

Pepsi One. Sometimes Welch's grape soda (about once a year), Fresca.
It's funny although I don't like Coke, I like it out in restaurants. LOL

Pepsi One. Sometimes Welch's grape soda (about once a year), Fresca.
It's funny although I don't like Coke, I like it out in restaurants. LOL

Maybe it's the machine mix vs. what goes in the can/bottle....

I quit drinking soda in january, but every now and again, I do love a Squirt. Used to be that you couldn't get it on the East coast.

I also LOVE Dominion Root Beer, on tap, though. It's from Dominion Brewery in Virginia...the best.
*sigh* That sounds good......

Maybe it's the machine mix vs. what goes in the can/bottle....

I quit drinking soda in january, but every now and again, I do love a Squirt. Used to be that you couldn't get it on the East coast.

I also LOVE Dominion Root Beer, on tap, though. It's from Dominion Brewery in Virginia...the best.
*sigh* That sounds good......

I hadn't heard of that kind, I'll have to look for it. I love tasting different root beer's.

Coke... ONLY if it has some cap'n morgan in it.
Orange Crush
not a fan of soda, never really liked it, unless it has booze in it. Or OC on a hot day. Grape is good, too. or 7-up over sherbet...
oh yeah, and rootbeer floats, A&W or Hires
demented, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellakav

Exactly, the OP is "What's your favorite soda/pop" and not "You should drink healthy, so what is your favorite health drink?". If you don't like soda/pop ... you should remain silent and don't lecture those that do. It's called staying on topic.

Good grief, I know the topic was my favourite soda pop, and I said what mine was and I merely suggested other try it, what's your problem? I think defensive remarks like the one you made toward me make my point even more clear about the over consumption of sugar in our society.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom