What's your favorite soda/pop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it was because you started your post with something negative about the topic. You could have just as easily stated you prefer the Knudsen's sparkling fruit juice for health reasons (lack of added sugar, real or fake).
Just a thought...

You are probably right, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments about my preferences as this was merely my opinion which I guess I shouldn't have given. Sometimes it is better to say nothing I guess..and that can work both ways. I have since been told that Knudsen's isn't soda or pop so I'd better not say anything further.

Does anyone recall the Coca Cola Soda Chests - the ones where the long neck sodas cooled in a pool of refrigerated water and were lined up in slots between metal tracks. After depositing your dime, you had to slide the soda along the slot to the corner mechanical dispenser gate, and you always held your breath until you had pulled your dripping wet soda free of the flapper-gate, which occasionally stuck and caused your dime to be "eaten." You'd then have to appeal to a middle aged gentleman who nearly always wore a green canvas apron and glasses. He'd usually look over the top of the glasses at you as if to judge your honesty, and then silently hand you a new dime. - Ah... it was so much better than today - and no $1.50 - $2.00 cans of soda!

You are probably right, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments about my preferences as this was merely my opinion which I guess I shouldn't have given. Sometimes it is better to say nothing I guess..and that can work both ways. I have since been told that Knudsen's isn't soda or pop so I'd better not say anything further.

It wasn't your preference that offended people, it was your insults to sugar loving soda-pop drinkers in general that offended people and non soda-pop answer. I get the feeling you are new to discussion forums ...

Does anyone recall the Coca Cola Soda Chests - the ones where the long neck sodas cooled in a pool of refrigerated water and were lined up in slots between metal tracks. After depositing your dime, you had to slide the soda along the slot to the corner mechanical dispenser gate, and you always held your breath until you had pulled your dripping wet soda free of the flapper-gate, which occasionally stuck and caused your dime to be "eaten." You'd then have to appeal to a middle aged gentleman who nearly always wore a green canvas apron and glasses. He'd usually look over the top of the glasses at you as if to judge your honesty, and then silently hand you a new dime. - Ah... it was so much better than today - and no $1.50 - $2.00 cans of soda!

Yes I do! I loved those things!

yes! When I was young, my dad belonged to a gun club. They had one of those.

yes! When I was young, my dad belonged to a gun club. They had one of those.

One of the places that had one when I was a kid was called the "Fish and Game" which is kinda like a hunting club that my grandfather belonged to. The whole place was wood, like a log cabin, and old .. very rustic, great memories there.

I think he is talking about Cream Soda chefkathleen. Cream soda is one of my favorites with Dr. Brown's being my absolute favorite brand.
Yes! Cream soda, strawberry soda, and rootbeer are my top 3 favorite sodas. Dr. Brown's is good, but IBC is probably my favorite brand for cream.

If you haven't had cream soda before, you are missing out.

Cream soda float(replace rootbeer with cream soda) is also amazing!

Kind of like a soda/drink stuff. Always found in the soda aisle in the stores.

img_843582_0_fe1aee2b0125578c34577963b1e5ca46.jpg

welch's grape soda rocks!!

and i also agree nothing beats a good cherry limeade!!

but ruby tuesday makes a mean "handcrafted" peach iced tea with pieces of peach at the bottom that is soooooooooooooooo goooooooooood!!

Coke please. Pepsi makes me gag. I have a running argument with a workmate about it. LOL.

If I'm feeling REALLY fancy I might put a shot of lime cordial in my coke.

Coke please. Pepsi makes me gag. I have a running argument with a workmate about it. LOL.

If I'm feeling REALLY fancy I might put a shot of lime cordial in my coke.
pepsi is just plain nasty!! too dang sweet!! i can't stand any pepsi stuff. hmmmmmmmmmmmm if i have no choice i will drink pepsi wild cherry only because the cherry syrup masks most of the nasty pepsi flavor!!

Last edited by a moderator:
pepsi is just plain nasty!! to dang sweet!! i can't stand any pepsi stuff. hmmmmmmmmmmmm if i have no choice i will drink pepsi wild cherry only because the cherry syrup masks most of the nasty pespi flavor!!
You can come to my house for a drink ANYTIME! And I'm going to show this post to my buddy. LOL.

Last edited:
What typo?;)
Originally Posted by msmofet
pepsi is just plain nasty!! to dang sweet!! i can't atans any pepsi stuff. hmmmmmmmmmmmm if i have no choice i will drink pepsi wild cherry only because the cherry syrup masks most of the nasty pespi flavor!!
it should be stand. i corrected my post but you had already quoted it. LOL i was so excited that i hit the keys next to the letters i wanted! LOL

Back
Top Bottom