Chef's Quest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gastronomy Online

Assistant Cook
Hy everbody,

I was just finished watching yet another episode of MasterChef when it hit me...
I already know i love cooking. My heart belongs in the kitchen but when i see those exciting challenges on TV my heart starts to pound, adrenalin starts to flow and makes me want to cook, cook and cook some more!!

But be honest, when you come home after a long day of school (or work ;) )you don't want to do a fictitious food quest...You just want to eat a decent meal and sit down watch some TV.

Well i have the solution:

Chef's Quest

A monthly quest about gastronomy and discovering the world of Food Flavors. We will do quest such as in Master Chef but instead of judging our quest we are sharing it!!

Every month when the contesters published their quest we have the oppertunity to learn and develop our knowlegde and passion of the world of Food and Flavors.

So start discovering the world of flavors;
Start Chef's Quest!!

Rules
1. be polite we are here to learn
2. entry's must be send by the end of the month
3. when you submit your entry there must be:
- a recipe
- a photo of your dish
- why you made it like this(motivation)
- any remarkable things happened (Reflection on your quest)

Chef's Quest June

The first chef's quest from Gastronomy Online will be in this month(June).
You can submit your entry till 30th of June 24.00 pm.

Now for our creative flavor Quest:

"Create a dish with Chicken Pea's "

Sort dish: any thing(from starter till dessert)
Time: Try to make it in 1 hour.
Special request: Try and explore flavours!! To help you i have some usefull tips:

FoodPairing - Combining foods for new tastes
Here you can see what fit well with one of the products of your choice.

Also there is a great book:

"The Flavor Bible" by Karen Page & Andrew Dornenburg

It tells what fits well with a food product.
This is what fits well with Chicken Pea's

Chicken Pea

Apple Cider
Basil
Bay leaf
bell peppers
bread
butter, unsalted
cardamon
carrots
cayenne
cheese; feta
chicken
chilli peppers
chives
cilantro
cinnamon
cloves
coriander
cous cous
cumin
curry leaves
curry
fennel
gara masala
garlic
ginger
ham; serrano
leeks
lemon
olive oil
olives black
onions
paprika
parsley
pasta
pepper
pork
potatoes
prosciutto
raisins
red pepper flakes
rice
rosemary
saffran
sage
salt
scallions
sesam seeds
shrimps
soups
spinach
squash
stews
tabouleh
tamarind
thym
tomatoes
vinegar
walnuts
yoghurt

My thought exactly...but, I also thought I might ask the chickens when I put the girls back in the barn tonight if there is such a thing as chicken peas (I hope that's not what I clean out of their pen when I take the shavings out...). FWIW, I got 4 barred Plymouth Rock laying hens. They aren't old enough, yet, to lay eggs, but they sure are fun to watch.

Um, not to nit pick, but did you know we already run cooking challenges here at DC? We have one going on now and we post all of our recipes here at DC. Have you checked it out?

I'm also confused as to why we would want to go to another site to post the recipes and not here?

Just though I'd ask.

>>Posts: 2

it occurred to me it might actually be SPAM.
but, then again, I prefer bacon.....

Um, not to nit pick, but did you know we already run cooking challenges here at DC? We have one going on now and we post all of our recipes here at DC. Have you checked it out?

I'm also confused as to why we would want to go to another site to post the recipes and not here?

Just though I'd ask.

Hy first of all, i know there are cooking challanges but 1 more can't hurt right :D
And you cna post teh recipes here, the website is for combine flavors :D

and a question...can i edit my own posts?? if so how?

Thnx,
Greetings GO

You have a 20 minute window after posting during which you can edit your post. After that time, you can either make another post with just the correction, or ask a Moderator or Administrator for help.

I dislike use of the word "passion," but language aside, food does not have to look, smell or taste good. Its essence is trust and gratitude.

If you can get past the gag of cow tripe, menudo with chickpeas is a curiously effective breakfast antidote to an unfortunate night of tequilla. Other hangover remedy posts are welcome, if OP will allow me to veer off on a discussion tangent and perhaps participate.

Last edited:
I dislike use of the word "passion," but language aside, food does not have to look, smell or taste good. Its essence is trust and gratitude.

If you can get past the gag of cow tripe, menudo with chickpeas is a curiously effective breakfast antidote to an unfortunate night of tequilla. Other hangover remedy posts are welcome, if OP will allow me to veer off on a discussion tangent and perhaps participate.

Why not start a new thread? I'm sure it would be a popular thread and we all might learn something new.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom