Chili Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubs

Assistant Cook
We are having a chili cook off this coming weekend at my campground. I 'practiced' last week and made some chili for dinner. (Mainly because you have to have a copy of the recipe and I had no idea how much of what I put in it. lol) It turned out great! It may actually the best chili I have ever made! I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.:neutral:

I hate that too. I have to "rehearse" the recipes on my show quite a bit because I'm a "throw a little of this and a little of that in there" type of person. I had to scrap one of my recipes because I literally couldn't figure out the exact combination of ingredients that made the flavor exactly perfect the way it was when I wasn't paying attention. Every time I tried to measure everything out, it came out all wrong. :(

Metal! I figured out a way to do this but its all by weight. I weigh all of the ingredient containers that I would use to make the dish and make note of the weights (sometimes you need a really sensative scale) and then I weigh all the containers after and I can get the weight of the amounts. Then its just a matter of weighing the ingredients and measuring what the weights equal in tsp, Tbs, cups...

I had to do it for a grandma who wanted to share her biscuit recipe. I ran like a gazelle that day as she would constantly "remember" another ingredient as she was cooking.

Back
Top Bottom