I want to try a "Cook Off" in this forum which does not have a winner or end date but is rather a collection of ideas and experiences with
photos and instructions.
Here is a summary of what could be done. I took this idea from another forum which has died out a bit but thought it would work gret here.
The Cook-Off is intended to be a forum at which we all can cook the same dish and share our experiences in a non-competitive, collaborative manner:
- something you've always wanted to make at home (and may enjoy out) but rarely have made, or haven't made successfully;
- for which special but locatable ingredients may be used, but for which expensive special equipment is not required;
- that includes techniques, ingredient combinations, or other elements that intrigue you;
- from a different cuisine than that of the previous Cook-Off dish;
- that demands some time and effort, but that rewards that effort for even those first approaching it; and
- that motivates you to try it out, ask questions, serve it to friends, and share photos and stories.
As we cook and compare, we post our recipes, cooking ideas, instructions, and insight.
You're never too late for an DiscussCooking Cook-Off. While all have a specific starting time, none have an end time, and there are many of us eager to see what you will do with the cook-off recipes. So don't hesitate to contribute if you're finding this thread weeks or months after its start: by posting your own ideas, questions, or results, you can bump activity back up on this thread in no time!
If this is something that interest you and if you have ideas for the first "Discuss Cooking Cook Off" then post here. Any additional ideas are more than welcome, maybe I can start a thread the first of February.