"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Cooking Contests

Old 02-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Cook-Together Risotto

The Cook-Together is intended to be a thread at which we all can cook the same dish and share our experiences in a non-competitive, collaborative manner:
  • something you've always wanted to make at home (and may enjoy out) but rarely have made, or haven't made successfully;
  • for which special but locatable ingredients may be used, but for which expensive special equipment is not required;
  • that includes techniques, ingredient combinations, or other elements that intrigue you;
  • from a different cuisine than that of the previous Cook-Together dish;
  • that demands some time and effort, but that rewards that effort for even those first approaching it; and
  • that motivates you to try it out, ask questions, serve it to friends, and share photos and stories.
As we cook and compare, we post our recipes, cooking ideas, photos, instructions, and insight.

You're never too late for an DiscussCooking Cook-Together. While all have a specific starting time, none have an end time, and there are many of us eager to see what you will do with the cook-together recipes. So don't hesitate to contribute if you're finding this thread weeks or months after its start: by posting your own ideas, questions, or results, you can bump activity back up on this thread in no time!

Risotto - Many variations of Risotto that you can make and any will be fine to post your results, successes or mishaps.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

Very Interesting

Old 02-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Head Chef

SweetFace Welcome to DC.

Josie
Old 02-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
Head Chef

oooh I love this idea! Off I go to find a risotto recipe that I want to try.

I've never even been in this section of the forums; I need to go do some more investigating to see what else I've been missing.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Cook

I am so excited to learn how to make this!

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Does paella count? Its kinda/sorta a risotto.

Craig
Old 02-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAchef View Post
The Cook-Together is intended to be a thread at which we all can cook the same dish and share our experiences in a non-competitive, collaborative manner:
  • something you've always wanted to make at home (and may enjoy out) but rarely have made, or haven't made successfully;
  • for which special but locatable ingredients may be used, but for which expensive special equipment is not required;
  • that includes techniques, ingredient combinations, or other elements that intrigue you;
  • from a different cuisine than that of the previous Cook-Together dish;
  • that demands some time and effort, but that rewards that effort for even those first approaching it; and
  • that motivates you to try it out, ask questions, serve it to friends, and share photos and stories.
As we cook and compare, we post our recipes, cooking ideas, photos, instructions, and insight.

You're never too late for an DiscussCooking Cook-Together. While all have a specific starting time, none have an end time, and there are many of us eager to see what you will do with the cook-together recipes. So don't hesitate to contribute if you're finding this thread weeks or months after its start: by posting your own ideas, questions, or results, you can bump activity back up on this thread in no time!

Risotto - Many variations of Risotto that you can make and any will be fine to post your results, successes or mishaps.
Hello Everyone,

Im coming into this late. but we should keep this going it sounds like fun, so could you give me a bit more detailed info as to what im expected to do. And what other recipe ingredients have been introduced besides rosotto.. so i can catch up...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Head Chef

I'm going to make mine later this week and I've chosen a simple classic: Milanese Risotto.

I wish I had a nice camera but we'll see what my trusty old point-and-shoot Minolta can come up.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

NAChef, I haven't forgotten, but I was busy with the Mushroom Challenge.

Risotto in the coming week.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
This sounds like fun. Has anyone made risotto using unpolished (brown) rice?