Cooking Contests -where to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chithanh119

Assistant Cook
I have been watching all of these cooking contests on the Food Network and Bravo lately, and I've been thinking, "I can do that!" The Build a Better Burger contest was what really caught my attention. Then there was the seafood grilling contest (on Food Network, I think) and the Top Chefs on Bravo, and the Recipe Showdown. These people win big money and great prizes.

I think the Top Chefs had to beat out a lot of other people in different rounds/competitions to get there, but I think the burger people just had to submit recipes to get into the running. One woman who always pops up in the different Food Network competitions (usually in the finals) seems to be just a normal cook from Nacogdoches, Texas
eek.gif

Has anyone ever entered a recipe for one of these types of competitions? Or, have you ever entered or won any type of cooking contest, either local or whatever?

Yes, I have. But unlucky me..
May be I need to take more time to prepare. But really, It's so fun when we join the contest than watching cooking contests :)

Join the contest not only fro chefs, in my hometown in New Zealand.. there are lots of local cooking contest. But I think it's impossible happen in big city such as New York which is has lots of busy people like me :D

I live in Canada, but in every province every few years there is regional quailifying to be on the culinary team for canada and represent for them in the championships. Last year they were held in germany, the restaurant I was working for at the time was sending there best 2 guys to germany to compete. But to be the top 2 guys you had to do an iron chef type battle to the top within the company. I chickened ot the day before.

I live in Canada, but in every province every few years there is regional quailifying to be on the culinary team for canada and represent for them in the championships. Last year they were held in germany, the restaurant I was working for at the time was sending there best 2 guys to germany to compete. But to be the top 2 guys you had to do an iron chef type battle to the top within the company. I chickened ot the day before.

What is your restaurant name you was working?

Earls. Its a big steakhouse branch in canada. They have kind of faded off being what they used to be. But they are a big company with huge connections and are very respectable. Actually Chef at Large did an episode about restaurant costs and he visited earls.

haha well its not mine anymore, I now work for the sister company of earls called joeys. The two owners are brothers who dont get along and one opened earls while the other opened joeys. They are both very successful now. Anyways thanks for the support!

haha well its not mine anymore, I now work for the sister company of earls called joeys. The two owners are brothers who dont get along and one opened earls while the other opened joeys. They are both very successful now. Anyways thanks for the support!

Joeys kicks Earls butt too. LOL. Which one do you work at? PM me if you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom