DC Contest - Suggestions, Ideas and Chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it says the Main Course (entree) must be - must contain a meat, or meat substitute, veggie, starch, or have each in a one-pot meal

Not to give anything away but neither of the main courses I have been considering have all 3 of these things in it.

Just a voter here, but just wanted you guys to know that these threads about the contests are fun to read, and there were great copy and paste oppertunities at the chocolate contest. I am not a fan of mushrooms (unless you hide them on my pizza), so I am looking for that one recipe that has mushrooms that I will like. I just might step out of the box! Anyway...thanks for all who partake in these wonderful contests! :clap::bounce:

Sorry I flaked on the chocolate contest :( I ended up working 7 days a week two weeks in a row and didn't have time. I did make the dessert I had planned, but not til last Monday :/ it was miniature Oreo cream gelatin cupcakes, with a topping I made from 1/2 white frosting, one half home made whipped cream, and 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs mixed together. I decorated them with the topping using a pastry bag with the star shaped attachment. I think there are still a few left in the fridge. Could take a pic if anyone is interested

Us NOT be interested in a food photo? :ermm::ROFLMAO: Bring it on Skittle!

I am having a few snags in my menu and may have to do some major alterations if I am to stay in the race. I backed out of the Chocolate challenge and seeing as mushrooms are my favourite (yes, over chocolate and cake), I would rather do less than none.

That said, I will hopefully get as much done this weekend as possible.

Oh, Your Ogreness, you can have my truffle-sniffing pig as soon as I am done with him. :)

I'd like to see an International challenge in the future, we could all pick a country and cook from that... It might be fun...

I'd like to see an egg challenge. I could really use some new egg recipes.

But I know for me and most of my competitors, it is not about the votes, but what we have learned about ingredients and ourselves in the process!

Yep, it was. And I am already thinking about what new things I can come up with using my new skills and confidence. :)

Yep, it was. And I am already thinking about what new things I can come up with using my new skills and confidence. :)
You all should be so proud. I surprised DH with what I didn't realize things I knew while baking cookies. It's fun helping and suggesting to others isn't it?
Can't wait til Cade starts his cooking class.
kades

I just posted my entry.:chef: And LP, you've not disappointed. In fact, I bellieve everyone has risen the bar to new heights. Anyone want to take on one of the Iron Chef's? Who will be the leader, with the rest of us taking our places on the team as sous chefs?:LOL:

Oh, and my wife again informed me that the my dessert was her absolutely favorite part.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Okay, we just need someone to set up the poll for us. If Alix isn't around I can do that if the other challengers don't mind. But I would be just as happy forgetting about the votes and declaring everyone a winner (but that isn't my call).

One thing I wanted to say is with me linking my recipes in (two more to go), I am not in anyway trying to single them out.

I thought of this after the first challenge and should have mentioned it. The recipes that everyone has come with are outstanding. I think that they ALL deserve to be parts of their proper forum so that they don't get lost in the contest area.

If anyone doesn't agree I will be happy to move mine into my thread, but I do encourage others to link them, even if it means just starting a thread with a link to the recipe you have already put in your contest thread. Let people down the road in on your great creations!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom