Do You Enter Cooking Contests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Kirwin said:
Hey, everybody. I am a new member to the forum and would like to find anyone who can help me with chili cook off rules - Memphis in May stuff. I know you probably are all thinking, "Oh no, not another Emeril-wanna-be!" Guess again!
I am a soon-to-be retire teacher whose son is a meat market manager for a large grocery chain that begins with Kro and ends with ger.
I want to know what a chili consists of according to standard rules. So far, I have not found this info online.
Pat

Pat, check out THIS site.

I've never entered a cooking contest, but I have an acquaintance in Oregon who has entered several and won them. She entered the crockpot contest and won with her Beggar's Chowder, and she won a cheese contest, but I can't think which one. I've always thought it would be fun to have a recipe chosen, but I'm not sure I'd want to go somewhere and prepare it under those circumstances.

Yep, mudbug - but we keep it a secret ... :LOL:

You might get a hoot out of reading the story ... here.

To be honest - when I make chili - I just grab a bag of Carroll Shelby's chili mix ...

Last edited:
Michael in FtW said:
Yep, mudbug - but we keep it a secret ... :LOL:

You might get a hoot out of reading the story ... here.

great story, Michael. Thanks for providing it! I think I would have liked this contest the best in the early days.

I have never entered a cooking contest and I don't think that I would have a chance to win since I am not a great cook - but I have been trying out your different receipes. Thanks everyone.

Have a happy Saturday.

Jill and Jolie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom