Flapjack Contest Chatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief, would you please post that recipe as it sounds really gotta-make.:yum: Or did purple.alien.giraffe co-op your recipe and post it since I did see a Banana Walnut version. Thanks in advance!

She made it on her own. But, she is my daughter, as is Sprout, and so there cooking, whether they admit it or not, has been influenced by me as they grew.

In fact, it was P.A.G. who suggested what made my "from scratch" pancakes come out so good, every so often. After she made her comment, I started experimenting, and carefully measuring, and came up with the recipe and could duplicate the really good ones, compared to the average ones that were sometimes comming off of my griddle, so many years back. I'll post that recipe when I have a bit more time.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks Chief! Just give us all a shout-out when you get the chance to post. I'll make them the next time I have all the ingredients on hand - and I shop at least once a week. ;)

Chief, please don't misunderstand, your pancakes are delicious and amazing! However, they are essentially my recipe too! So...we all voted for a different taste sensation instead of the everyday stuff.

Thanks to Chief and his wonderful recipe. I was cooking for our annual Chanuka branch. I end up multiplying Chief's recipe 32 times, or rather 2 times by 16. Everybody loved it.
Here is one picture of the griddle.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 190
Thanks to Chief and his wonderful recipe. I was cooking for our annual Chanuka branch. I end up multiplying Chief's recipe 32 times, or rather 2 times by 16. Everybody loved it.
Here is one picture of the griddle.

It might have been my recipe, but it was your skill in the execution that made them great. Anyone can make the batter. The art is selecting the right temperature, knowing when to flip them, and how to present them to all of the people who will be enjoying them.

Charlie, in the world of pancakes you have bested me. You not only cook my recipe to perfection, but you have a great recipe of your own. I still need to make your recipe.

As for those banana pancakes, follow PAG's recipe. It's like eating banana bread as pancakes, and with a good syrup on them, or even better, served up with some honey that's been mixed with peanut butter, bacon on the side. That's good eating.

But as it was asked for, here's my recipe:

Chief's Banana Pancakes

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup. Sugar or sweetener of choice
½ tsp. salt
1 tbs. Double-acting baking powder (Calumet or Clabber Girl brand)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (opitonal)

Wet Ingredients”
¾ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana
3 tbs. Cooking oil
1 large egg.

Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Peel, then slice the banana into four equal pieces, lengthwise. Slice the banana spears into nickle-thick slices. Whisk together the oil and egg until smooth. Whisk in the milk. Add the wet ingredients i to the dry, just until mixed. fold in the banana slices. cook as you would any other pancakes.

Tip, if you have freeze-dried banana slices, they work wonderfully in this recipe.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom