GCC - Convenience Store Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said before, I'm in. For a date, how does the 2nd Saturday in April sound? I've got the ingredients for my desert. Picked them up tonight, and yes, every ingredients is from a convenience store, from the list. This is gonna be fun.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Would that be the 9th? I might be able to do that but anything after that is questionable. I still have to go see what WaWa sells besides chips, cookies, and drinks. :)

Did we ever reveal the poll results on the last one?

I've got my GCConvenienceStore (GCCS?) appetizers made, photographed, eaten, and critiqued. When can we start posting? And yes, the 9th would be good as a last day to post. And remember, you can make you food, and take pictures, eat it, write up the recipes, and critique it, saving all to files until you are ready to post.

I'm stoked. My appy's came out great.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I know we can do them at separate meals, I just prefer to do it as a whole meal experience.

OK, the only convenience stores within range for me are a Mac's and a Petro Can mini mart. Can I use one of those? Neither is on your "list" as they are Canadian. I have to go look and see what there is, but if I can use one of those I might give it a go. I might be late posting pics (like the 10th) if I don't get the cooking done til the 9th. I'll try not to be tardy though.

Count me interested, but not yet committed.

Its pretty danged mini! Mac's is a 7-11 rival. Think I can do that? Laurie? Can you weigh in on this one? You have seen Mac's stores.

My petro-conbi down the street sells microwave tv dinners. Would it be allowed to nuke, plate nicely, top with a sprig of parsley, for an entree?

I come back to DC, not just for cooking info, but also because y'all are nuts! I think the polls this time around will have to have buttons for "-1 vote."

To all tossing in their chips into this GCCS Challenge, best of luck, I will be voting for plates of not only creative preparations but also with fun names.

My petro-conbi down the street sells microwave tv dinners. Would it be allowed to nuke, plate nicely, top with a sprig of parsley, for an entree?

I come back to DC, not just for cooking info, but also because y'all are nuts! I think the polls this time around will have to have buttons for "-1 vote."

To all tossing in their chips into this GCCS Challenge, best of luck, I will be voting for plates of not only creative preparations but also with fun names.

You can present anything you like, as long as you get it at the convenience store. So, if a TV dinner with a sprig of parsley is what you like...remember, you have to eat it! :ROFLMAO: And give a critique. Shrek is already telling me he's "not gonna eat that!"

I just wish they had had a larger selection of frozen foods...only pizzas. Not even a frozen green bean!

Its pretty danged mini! Mac's is a 7-11 rival. Think I can do that? Laurie? Can you weigh in on this one? You have seen Mac's stores.

Sorry, I had a house full of people for lunch and haven't been available much yesterday and today.

Alix, I would say Mac's and 7/11 are pretty much the same and I am using 7/11. The PetroCan Mini Mart would be along the same lines as well and I would probably use them but the one up the street from us doesn't have the store...yet.

Oh no! I've been gardening and need to get started on this challenge. I know what my dessert will be. And have ideas on the entree. The drink is pretty much settled.....I'm still unsure about the appetizer!

Oh no! I've been gardening and need to get started on this challenge. I know what my dessert will be. And have ideas on the entree. The drink is pretty much settled.....I'm still unsure about the appetizer!

The appetizer has been the hardest for me. Not sure about my dessert choice, either.

Back
Top Bottom