GCC - Convenience Store Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Pacanis, that's what I thought.:) Opened a thread, but don't see it yet :( I think I saw something flash by that said it had to be approved by a mod. Didn't understand that. Guess I will wait a little while. I hope I didn't do something wrong. :wacko:

Thanks Pacanis, that's what I thought.:) Opened a thread, but don't see it yet :( I think I saw something flash by that said it had to be approved by a mod. Didn't understand that. Guess I will wait a little while. I hope I didn't do something wrong. :wacko:

I'm trying to figure out why one post is in Moderation. :wacko:

Okay, I got the thread UN Moderated. You need to just go to that thread and create posts with your recipes and pictures.

Opened a thread, but don't see it yet :( I think I saw something flash by that said it had to be approved by a mod. Didn't understand that. Guess I will wait a little while. I hope I didn't do something wrong. :wacko:

You didn't, that is how it works in that forum. ;)

You didn't, that is how it works in that forum. ;)

Uh Boy, I think I have been breathing in too much dust from cleaning out our bedroom today....I was reading this, Dave, and scratching my head...I don't have any problems creating threads in this forum....:ermm:

:wacko:

I'll let you figure out the punchline. :rolleyes:

Okay, all the entries are in so I will now go open the polls, but before I do, I think I can safely say that we are all, and all feel like, winners just for competing in this challenge - it isn't about the votes, but about how we have challenged ourselves. Each of us went about it in a different way and each of us I think came out of it with something new about us.

I feel privileged to be among such a great group.

But I do encourage everyone else to vote....not so much for us, but for yourselves. It will help you to experience what we did and join in the fun.

The voting is skewed because someone is voting more than once. In the Overall category they voted for everyone!

I would like to discuss that if we do another one (and I hope we do!) that we either get rid of the polls or do as I was going to for the first one and make a separate poll for each category and allow only one vote.

I know it is not about the voting, but doing it this way makes it totally unpredictable.

I guess all this can be discussed in the general GCC thread.

If they voted for everyone then their vote is essentially for no one LP, no biggie. Its just a very nice compliment to you all.

I had a heck of a time voting in this one. I ended up voting by what I'd want to eat! LOL! You guys all did an amazing job.

If they voted for everyone then their vote is essentially for no one LP, no biggie. Its just a very nice compliment to you all.

I had a heck of a time voting in this one. I ended up voting by what I'd want to eat! LOL! You guys all did an amazing job.

Thanks, Alix. I realize that the vote for all is okay, it was more those that voted for 2 or 3. But I think my biggest thing is that I personally didn't need the voting - I felt I had won in my heart (and I thought everyone else did better, honestly!).

Also, it wasn't my best day so thanks everyone for putting up with my rant!

Would it be possible to have a separate poll for each category, with only one vote possible? As hard as it was for me to do (since they were all so creative) I only voted once for each category, but not having an option to vote more than once would be helpful. :)

Would it be possible to have a separate poll for each category, with only one vote possible? As hard as it was for me to do (since they were all so creative) I only voted once for each category, but not having an option to vote more than once would be helpful. :)

Barbara, that is what I started on the original challenge (chocolate); however, it was thought that 6 polls was too many. But this is what I suggested in my first post above. If we are doing polls and I am setting them up, that is what I will do.:)

Alix, I like your theme. And LP, you're a winner in my book. But then, you already knew that.:D

I think the polls aren't really intended to compare us to each other, at least, that's not how I use them. I use them to gauge the success of my entries, that is, what did I do correct, and how can I improve.

And that might be a better idea than a poll. We could make dishes, based on a theme, and invite people to critique what we made. I love to learn new things, and feedback is important to me.

Just a thought.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for the compliment Goodweed, and you know it goes both ways....I am still in awe of the home made ice cream from a place known for ice cream! Brilliant!

However, I am not in this for pats on the back either and that is not why I brought it up. I actually was having a rough day yesterday but today it doesn't seem important. I just really enjoy not only challenging myself but seeing what others have done. :)

Based on how it seems we all feel, I suggest that I do seperate polls with only one choice allowed, and will encourage people to write their feedback in the poll threads or the individual threads. How's that?

LP, I like your idea. The whole inspiration for this, way back when I proposed the first Golden Chef contest, was to create a way for DC members to challenge themselves, and mostly, to have fun. Learning how to think about food differently is a plus.

I was hoping for many people to participate, either in making food, or just reading about the creative, and sometimes crazy things that those who did cook would come up with.

And I love trying new things. I never would have found Candy Cap mushrooms if I hadn't had to think about making a desert with mushrooms. I just can't get too whacky as DW is just not as adventurous as I am (very few people are as adventurous as I am:ROFLMAO:).

I appreciate everyone's participation, and input. That's what will make this thing a success. Who knows, this contest may get it's very own sub section and become an integral part of Discuss Cooking one day, after all of the bugs are worked out, that is.:D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom