GCC - Mushroom Challenge Build Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, "jury tampering".

"And for our main course we put on side one of Pink Floyd Echoes..."

Off to get my appetizer and drink supplies. A friend of mine from my catering days has gotten me the secret ingredient for my dessert so I am stoked!

LPBeier is "stoked" with a "secret ingredient" only available through a "shadowy supplier" for a dessert elixir to be appetizingly drunk...

I repeat our New Rule.

I'm hoping to do all of my courses next weekend. I could not find one of my ingredients locally at this time of year...since Dave is not taking me mushroom hunting.

I already cannot wait for next weekend to make my meal. :chef:

I'm hoping to do all of my courses next weekend. I could not find one of my ingredients locally at this time of year...since Dave is not taking me mushroom hunting.

I already cannot wait for next weekend to make my meal. :chef:

I'm all set for next weekend. Just doing some of the fiddly prep, you know like grinding spices with a mortar and pestle...just kidding!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Trimmed and blanched a couple of things that would not make it to the weekend.

I used my veggie trimmings in my Bento box...added a little more color!:)

I'm all set for next weekend. Just doing some of the fiddly prep, you know like grinding spices with a mortar and pestle...just kidding!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Trimmed and blanched a couple of things that would not make it to the weekend.

I used my veggie trimmings in my Bento box...added a little more color!:)

YAY for Bento! I kid you not, I'm making use of all of my leftovers!

Grinding spices with a mortar and pestle. :ROFLMAO: I may have to go order that grain mill for Frank's KA just to keep up with the Orgress. :LOL:

YAY for Bento! I kid you not, I'm making use of all of my leftovers!

Grinding spices with a mortar and pestle. :ROFLMAO: I may have to go order that grain mill for Frank's KA just to keep up with the Orgress. :LOL:

I have to go rent a pig to hunt for truffles...:ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't you just know it. I made my appy's last night. They came out perfect. I snapped off the pictures, and they came out blurry. I loaned my DD my tripod and haven't retrieved it yet. Macro photos + no tripod = slightly blurry pictures. I'm just going to have to get my tripod back.:glare:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wouldn't you just know it. I made my appy's last night. They came out perfect. I snapped off the pictures, and they came out blurry. I loaned my DD my tripod and haven't retrieved it yet. Macro photos + no tripod = slightly blurry pictures. I'm just going to have to get my tripod back.:glare:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Tripod? Still a go for Saturday, but someone ate part of the dessert! And it wasn't me.:wacko: Yesterday Shrek decided to eat something healthy!:LOL:

Tripod? Still a go for Saturday, but someone ate part of the dessert! And it wasn't me.:wacko: Yesterday Shrek decided to eat something healthy!:LOL:

On the assumption that you aren't kidding, a tripod is a three-legged stand for a camera. As for Shrek eating your dessert, I hope you got a picture first!

On the assumption that you aren't kidding, a tripod is a three-legged stand for a camera. As for Shrek eating your dessert, I hope you got a picture first!

Oh, I know what a tripod is...I was just ribbing about having my own blurry pictures, since I don't have a tripod.:LOL:

I want that truffle pig!!! Shrek only ate one ingredient of my dessert...I replaced it tonight and threatened him with a wet noodle if he touched it again.

We are having a furniture delivery tomorrow, but I plan on getting it all made, photoed and eaten by night time. I still need to do a trial run on my beverage, BEFORE I make Shrek taste it.:angel:

What was the name of that poisonous mushroom?;)

It's been an hour, we are both still breathing...guess I picked the right mushrooms.

No new furniture today, someone's wires got crossed at the store, next weekend. New bed frame (platform with drawers!) and mattress...got a memory foam.

I've bought my ingredients. Let me just say that this is about 2 months (maybe three) too soon to have mushrooms as the secret ingredient! I sincerely feet like I've been mushroom hunting!

Tomorrow will be my cooking day! I cannot wait!

Next challenge should be the 7-11 challenge: All ingredients must be purchased from the local 7-11! No more than four items beyond salt, pepper, butter, oil, and flour can be used from your home pantry. One stop shopping!

Actually, that might be a blast. ;)

Back
Top Bottom