GCC-Mushroom - DaveSoMD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Dave! Everything looks wonderful and you really thought through your flavor combos. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Well done Dave I am a Mushroom and Truffle fanatic, my wife cannot stand them which is funny as she was born in Pula the home of the world record white truffle, if you google zigante tartufi you get the shop the restaurant web site in under construction, its worth a look.:)

Don't anyone tell him about Duxelles and puff pastry...some folks might get tired of it.

LOL... too late, I already know about them. :rolleyes: 'Bello-Wellington anyone?

Thanks everyone.

And Kathleen, use more mozzarella than you think you will need in the appetizer. ;)

And Kathleen, use more mozzarella than you think you will need in the appetizer. ;)

Good tip as Kathleen can go a bit light on the cheese (as far as I cam concerned). OF course we have different ideas on what enough cheese really means. :mrgreen:

Good tip as Kathleen can go a bit light on the cheese (as far as I cam concerned). OF course we have different ideas on what enough cheese really means. :mrgreen:

There's that difference of opinion here, too. The more cheese the better!

Dave; The presentations weren't like the fancy/smancy presentations from, say, Iron Chef. What they were was amazing. In their simplicity, you made my mouth water, and created an extreme desire to be present at that meal. The flavors, the care with which you combined textures, and the thought you put into each dish, well this raises you to genius level. You took foods you weren't absolutely comfortable with, and hit home runs all day long.

Good job!

Wow, I feel like such a beginner by comparison, even with the years of experimental experience that I have. The cheesecake idea was sublime. But that's ok. I'm still coming at you. And ole Goodweed still has a few tricks I haven't displayed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks GW! :blush:

A few tricks huh? :ohmy: I can't wait to see!!!

I also can't wait to see what LP has come up with.

Jut fantabulous Dave!! I want to try all of those recipes but the Portabella Puff just knocks my socks off. What an ingenious and impressive first course.
The whole presentation was right on !!

Thanks Kayelle. The idea for the puff started out as my entree. It was going to be a 'Bello-Wellington, a take off on Beef Wellington, with a Duxelle and chicken liver pate under the cap. But I couldn't come up with and appetizer idea to go with that, so I ditched that idea and decided to go with an all vegetarian meal. '

Oh, there is one puff left and I am going to have that with my dinner tonight. I'll let you all know how it reheats.

Excellent, Dave! And how clever of you to master the mushroom drink dilemma by incorporating the mushroom juice into a tomato juice based drink...and Bloody Maria is a good name for it. Love the fresh basil leaf garnish too. The whole meal looks really delicious. Two yums up for you too.

Thanks GW! :blush:

A few tricks huh? :ohmy: I can't wait to see!!!

I also can't wait to see what LP has come up with.

Dave, you, Kathleen and the Princess have sure raised the bar pretty high. And GW, you may protest, but I think I know you well enough to not be surprised when you come of with something great. I am just having a lot of fun with this and hopefully everyone will feel that passion. It isn't a competition to me - it is sharing a love of food with good friends!

Well, I was finally able to catch up with my supplier for that secret ingredient ;) so I can finish everything off tomorrow and post. Only downer is DH has been called into work (no, that is good news, don't get me wrong) and I was going to do the appetizer as our lunch when Dad, the mushroom hater isn't here. I will have to do it as an appie when DH gets home in the afternoon.

I doubt you will be able to buy Calvatia Gigantia the Giant Puffball, they grow near me along with a few other types of fungi, if you google it you will see what it looks like and some recipes.
This maybe teaching granma to suck eggs but if you go out fungi picking take a chart of the edible and poisinous types and if you cant match it dont eat it.
I slice a steak sized piece of puffball and fry it in bacon fat then top it with fried eggs for brekkie, it is also fab as chicken fried steak.

I doubt you will be able to buy Calvatia Gigantia the Giant Puffball, they grow near me along with a few other types of fungi, if you google it you will see what it looks like and some recipes.
This maybe teaching granma to suck eggs but if you go out fungi picking take a chart of the edible and poisinous types and if you cant match it dont eat it.
I slice a steak sized piece of puffball and fry it in bacon fat then top it with fried eggs for brekkie, it is also fab as chicken fried steak.

And yer not doing the challenge why? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom