GCC - Mushroom - PrincessFiona60

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy:...................................:clap: VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love the dishes too!

Holy Cow! Looks wonderful. I'm so glad I didn't enter this challenge, you and Kathleen would have wiped the floor with me. It's gonna be a tough poll this time. Also love the dinnerware.

I had know idea that Princesses can cook! Everything has beautiful color, texture, and creativity. Wtg princess!

Thank you, MA! Princesses must have a hobby!

I think easy is worth extra points. :chef:

LOL!

:ohmy:...................................:clap: VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love the dishes too!

Those dishes seem to be quite popular...

Holy Cow! Looks wonderful. I'm so glad I didn't enter this challenge, you and Kathleen would have wiped the floor with me. It's gonna be a tough poll this time. Also love the dinnerware.

Oh no, I have people to clean the floor for me!:) Would have been fun, Linda!!!

I was thinking the same thing!

Silly dishes...they were almost an after thought! I had alternates if they hadn't had the cups and dinner plates.

I love the dishes too, but it wasn't just that you had great looking dishes. You set the table just for US! That first picture really made us want to see more. We were ready to be served. I just wish I had been there because I might have just started to like mushrooms. It could happen...
Anyway, everything looks wonderful, and your desert is very creative!:)

I love the dishes too, but it wasn't just that you had great looking dishes. You set the table just for US! That first picture really made us want to see more. We were ready to be served. I just wish I had been there because I might have just started to like mushrooms. It could happen...
Anyway, everything looks wonderful, and your desert is very creative!:)

LOL! You have no idea how true that is:ROFLMAO: Shrek wanted to know what I did with everything from the top of the table. It's usually just the first flat space as you enter the apartment.

Thank you!

LOL! You have no idea how true that is:ROFLMAO: Shrek wanted to know what I did with everything from the top of the table. It's usually just the first flat space as you enter the apartment.

Thank you!

:ROFLMAO::LOL:
My Dad used to call our table the GD catch-all. I never really saw it as a problem. I always cleaned it off to eat! :innocent:

Wow... great job and I love that dessert! :clap::clap:

I've decided I'm recreating everthing, but the tea, again in the next couple of weeks. May play with new mushrooms as they become available. The dessert stays, I need to buy another can of lychees and find out if I can get fresh ones!

Thanks, Dave!

Very nice your Ogreness. I am wonderfully impressed. I think maybe I should bow out of the competition because you and Kathleen have set the bar pretty high.

Nah!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::chef: (I am doing mine Thursday)

Very nice your Ogreness. I am wonderfully impressed. I think maybe I should bow out of the competition because you and Kathleen have set the bar pretty high.

Nah!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::chef: (I am doing mine Thursday)

Thanks, LP! I can't wait to see what others are doing! More ways to do mushrooms! Love it.

Another Zowwie mushroom meal, PF. Loved the Asian flair to it....very well done. I don't like the dishes.:ohmy: :ROFLMAO: Just kidding...smooch.

Dang, you and Kathleen are real DC rock stars!!
Can't wait for the entertainment from the rest of the contestants. :chef:

Another Zowwie mushroom meal, PF. Loved the Asian flair to it....very well done. I don't like the dishes.:ohmy: :ROFLMAO: Just kidding...smooch.

Dang, you and Kathleen are real DC rock stars!!
Can't wait for the entertainment from the rest of the contestants. :chef:

Thanks, Kayelle...I been larnin' since you wandered off.:ROFLMAO:

I have a Japanese cookbook showing up soon, along with a Japanese Grammer. XOXOXO Welcome Back, your tan looks great!

Strawberry Lychee Blossom

White Truffle Oil
Fresh Mint Leaves
6 Strawberries, sliced
1 can Lychee Nuts, chilled and drained, reserve syrup

On 2 chilled salad plates, drizzle about ½ teaspoon of Truffle Oil on each plate. Arrange sliced Strawberries in a flower pattern, center 1-2 Lychee Nuts on the berries, arrange Mint leaves for garnish. Take 2 tablespoons of the reserved syrup and whisk in 1 teaspoon of Truffle Oil, drizzle over fruit. Serve chilled.

Critique: Shrek, “Tastes different, it’s good.” “You can have all the Lychee nuts, I don’t like them.” “It’s pretty, how’d you make the flowers?”

I loved it, but I like Lychee Nuts. It was all a great flavor all together, sweet and tart. I really thought the truffle oil would mask the flavors, but it didn’t. I had enough leftover to make it again and had it for dessert again.

28716-albums315-picture2582.jpg

Note: Lychee Flower, I took one lychee and put a small piece of one nut into the hole of the first, the others, I split and stacked around the whole one. I thought it turned out nicely!

Ending comment: This meal was well prepped beforehand. The sautéing, the Dashi, and the shiitake broth were all done about 3 hours before the meal. The rice and hour before and kept warm in the cooker. When it came time to eat, I just warmed tea broth, and the dashi and we sat and ate soup. Then I warmed the Confit and grilled the Salmon and we sat and ate the part of the meal. By then we were both stuffed and waited a while for the dessert. That took about 5 minutes to go from can and container to eating.

A very good meal and fun to make and show off some of my newly acquired skills with Japanese fare and flavors.
What a gorgeous (and delicious sounding) dessert!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom