Golden Chef Challenge: Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The simpler the poll (and, with apologies to the hard-working contestants, the less a chore) the more members will chime in with a vote. Plus, we don't want to put too fine a line on "judging" - the shirt looks great, but the pants make your butt look big.

Hey now! My DW says I've never had a butt, but my belly, well, let's just say my shirts have grown somewhat shorter than they used to. Get it right.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Strange phenomenon that... your shirts getting shorter, but pants getting longer thing...

:rolleyes:

Remember that guy with the skinny legs on schoolhouse rock that sang, or spoke in time to the music - "I hanker for a chunk or, a super slab or chunk of, I hanker for a hunk of cheese."? I don't look like him yet. But extrapolate into the future... Let's hope it doesn't come to that.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wow! Brings back memories of sitting with the kids and watching the Superman/Batman hour of adventure, or maybe Thundercats, or even Voltron. And in between the cartoons, we'd be listening to Schoolhouse Rock, and G.I. Joe stating that "...and knowing is half the battle."

Thanks for that. Now, back to the Golden Chef Contest.:D

My fellow challenge chefs: are we all still posting on Saturday morning or is anyone/everyone ready to start posting Friday night?

I'm just curious as Saturday is supposed to be the first nice warm day we have had in a while (50 degrees is a heat wave... Whoo Hooo!) and my garden has been quietly calling my name reminding me it has been neglected and unattended.

Last edited:
My fellow challenge chefs: are we all still posting on Saturday morning or is anyone/everyone ready to start posting Friday night?

I'm just curious as Saturday is supposed to be the first nice warm day we have had in a while (50 degrees is a heat wave... Whoo Hooo!) and my garden has been quietly calling my name reminding me it has been neglected and unattended.

I am in favor of Friday! I hope we get to 50!

Okay that's cool. Still no response from Goodweed or Skittle68 though.

Post on either day, Friday or Saturday. No one can vote though until after 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, teh 12th. Then, we will see how the scores add up on the final voting day, the 15th.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Great! I will be posting later this afternoon! I can't wait to see what everyone does! This challenge has really stretched me to think outside of the box. Good Luck to everyone!

Okay, this sound all well and good. I am still not sure whether we are going for all the voting categories or one (or somewhere in between). GW, can you let me know? Also, I will close the Poll(s) until Saturday at 9 pm

LP; I don't think we can go with all of the categories as we don't know how to incorporate both the names of the contestants, and the categories in the same poll. I think we will have to have the poll place the names of each contestant, and then vote based on the pictures, recipes, and descriptions of the food.

I can't wait to see the pictures and read everything that goes with them.:chef:

GW, I can edit the existing poll to include all the options. What do you want? A multiple choice poll would allow for multiple votes so each voter could choose one contestant in each category. I thought:

Appy:
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Entree
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Dessert
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Beverage
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Plating
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Most creative use of ingredient
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox
Best overall
KathleenA
DaveSoMD
betterthanabox

Last edited:
Alix; You're a genius. I like it. My only concern is - what if the next challenge has twenty participants? Man, that would take up two screens must to show them all. But for this one, it's perfect.

Well if the next contest has more contestants we will simplify and just have a couple of voting categories. Sound good?

I'm watching Iron Chef right now, chocolate challenge. I have to tell you that I think they looked at your recipes for inspiration. Many of the dishes mirror what has been created in our own GCCC challenge. You guys are iron chef quality. Whadaya thing of that! Great job. Your really extended yourselves to new levels. That's what this is all about.

Back
Top Bottom