My Entry Won and was on Martha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweeeeet, now I wanna know how to make em!! LOL. I think I would find out if sending it in makes it their property instead of yours. I say if they wanna have you on the show making them, you insist that they stay your property.
Why should they turn around and profit from yours and your mothers hard work instead of you?
Congrats on making the top 10!

Congrats Cayla, that is very exciting news!!!! If you get a chance to go on the show, do. I know you say you are too shy, but it is the opportunity of a lifetime!!!!!

I thought she already entered it. Hers was one of the 10 that she chose to announce on her show. And it won't matter about sending it in - once she wins (even top 10) it is the property of Martha Stewart now. I did that with a recipe on Epicurious - got in the top 10 and now I no longer "own" that recipe, which is why I will probably never enter another recipe contest while my husband is making me write a cookbook :LOL:

....And that's why I think Miss Calya should maintain her rights (ownership) to the recipe:-p;)

Calya said:
No phone call, just an email. It is my mom's recipe. It's a fried cookie actually. =) Martha said that she would like to know how to make them, but I wonder if she's just saying it. I am thinking of whether or not to send in the recipe. I have a pic of the cookies on my blog, but how do you post the pic on here? It says to enter a URL, but it doesn't work.

Congratulations!

I believe she already owns the copyright to the recipe. The old send it to yourself in the mail thing is a myth, does not hold up in law. However, just the fact of publishing it with her name on it constitutes ownership.

DW writes a little music from time to time...her attorney always has her to mail the original manuscript to herself prior to mailing it to a potential publisher...I, not being an attorney only follow the advice for which I am paying...Is it necessary?? I dunno!

Congratulations!

I believe she already owns the copyright to the recipe. The old send it to yourself in the mail thing is a myth, does not hold up in law. However, just the fact of publishing it with her name on it constitutes ownership.

not sure where you got that information, but I doubt its veracity. You have to apply for copyright.

Thanks everyone! I am looking at where everyone can get the cookie molds. So far not much luck. Without the cookie mold, the recipe is no good, because that's how they get their shape. I will post once I find out where the molds can be purchased.

My Mom and MIL have some that they bought while on vacation in Asia, so I'm sure they can be found somewhere.

Calya, I just saw your cookies on Martha. She said something about them looking like they came out of a professional/commerial bakery/kitchen. I guess that was a good thing.
I thought they looked professional, where the others looked cute. They all looked good. GOT MILK?

CONGRATS, again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom